Kid Creole and the Coconuts (1 Viewer)

Wobbler

Website
www.discogs.com
Anyone else fans? I have the first three albums and they're really great. Probably easy enough to write them off as a novelty band , but I think music is taken too seriously by some people. They have some brilliant tunes, with really clever lyrics. And it's fun. Also, I recently got my hands on Que Pasa/Me no popeye by Coati Mundi (One of the coconuts). I think it's my favourite song at the moment.

Anyone else feeling this?

i like em. picked up a few of their albums on vinyl a while back. annie is a banger!

Stool Pidgeon a cha cha cha.

They used to play every backwater in Ireland.
Did this line-up include Augustus Darnell?

Thing in the Wire yrs ago about that 80s disco thing in NYC that included Kid C, Darnells other involvements and Zomba Records.

3681.jpg

"cos if I was in your blood, then you wouldn't be so ugly"

Ona Ona Onamatopea....

what a deadly way to make a chorus! I love that album and the 7" of Annie I'm not you daddy is well different to the version on the album, so if you see it ,get it. It's the best song in the world to dance to ...better than macarena.

"I'm sorry Mam, no fish today" is deadly as well.

I got Off The Coast of Me yesterday....it's REALLY great.

Good call.
they are fuckin deadly, i was watchin that tv3 shite 'Expose' with lorraine Keane
a few weeks ago and Kid Creole was playin for irish posh hob knobs at a party in marbella, poor fucker. they prob only know one song. Kid Creole is goin out with one of the coconuts now, a real young wan

I get the feeling their career sort of went down the tubes, I think they're considered to be really naff these days. Pity because I reckon they've got way more talent than 1000's sf "serious" bands these days.

No fish today is one the best pop tunes I've ever heard - have it on a lovely x mass picture seven inch they did - wonderful thing takes some beating too!

You might try those mutant disco compilations on Ze records for similar type stuff - material, was not was and the likes

krossie

You had no intention is deadly. its the B side of Annie

No fish today is a deadly song tho.

the love we have of Tropical Gangsters is an amazing pop track.

what a cool band. must get some more of their stuff.

I have their first few albums and they're all top notch. Apparently they went a bit shit after a while though. Has anyone heard Dr. Buzzards Original Savanah Band? It was Kid Creole's old band before he formed the Coconuts. Apparently they were deadly.

I have their first few albums and they're all top notch. Apparently they went a bit shit after a while though. Has anyone heard Dr. Buzzards Original Savanah Band? It was Kid Creole's old band before he formed the Coconuts. Apparently they were deadly.

yea, the Dr. Buzzards Original Savanah Band album is brilliant, one of the best disco albums there is. I'll Play The Fool- great tune..

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back