Kevin Myres (3 Viewers)

Goodbye

I love when people have a good angry rant about somthing they passionatly hate... it's so entertaining, so funney.
Which is probably why I love Kevin Myres' colum in the Irish Times "an Irishmans Diary" so much...

todays colum is fucking hilarious...

read it.....BRILLIANT as always

I Love Myers

Especially on:

The North
9/11
"War On Terror"
Irish Neutrality
Prostitution
RTE after they dumped him and Challenging Times

Oh yeah.

I despise Kevin Myers. He sure can be funny, but his peculiar combination of wilful ignorance and vitriol can be frightening. So much of what it writes is blatantly not researched or even given more than a moment's thought, yet he pours so much bile into it. He's like the spiteful guy in your class in school who makes everyone laugh by heaping scorn on anything or anyone with good intentions.

I'd love to invite him to a party, get him to go off on one about 'leftists' or 'the feminist agenda', and then publicly humiliate him by showing him up as the fraud faux-intellectual prick that he is

Having said that I do guiltily enjoy the odd thing he writes

Originally posted by egg_
I despise Kevin Myers. He sure can be funny, but his peculiar combination of wilful ignorance and vitriol can be frightening.

the fraud faux-intellectual

Guess who was using the dictionary!!

betchez don't all know that KM is Anna from BB1's brother in law. So now.

Oh - you must know one of my mates, he also used to work for Windmill, though he may have been gone by then

He's easily my favourite journalist. He's funny, very thought-provoking and and not afraid to take on controversial issues. I particularly like his pieces on the North - quite the antidote to the lily-livered ramblings of Vincent "Free the Castlerea Five" Brown.

I'd love to invite him to a party, get him to go off on one about 'leftists' or 'the feminist agenda', and then publicly humiliate him by showing him up as the fraud faux-intellectual prick that he is

I doubt it very much. In fact I'd I'd be willing to gamble a large wad of cash that he'd kick your ass in a debate. Particularly if the debate was on the "feminist agenda" - that'd be just too easy.

Originally posted by InsidePoint
In fact I'd I'd be willing to gamble a large wad of cash that he'd kick your ass in a debate. Particularly if the debate was on the "feminist agenda" - that'd be just too easy.

:)
You don't know me very well, InsidePoint

... anyway, I'm not talking about a fair debate. I'm talking about a set-up

Originally posted by egg_

:)
You don't know me very well, InsidePoint

... anyway, I'm not talking about a fair debate. I'm talking about a set-up

what like you'd keep him busy yapping about Feminists, while I snuck up behind him and
thwacked him across the head with a big bloody chair??

that kinda set up??

Originally posted by rothko

what did he do there Kirstie?

he did do avid editing, I can't remember when he left, but I think he'd have been there then. His name is tony, he's a big tall dark haired feller.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back