Kerbdog Tribute Album (1 Viewer)

a band who were ok(ish) but nothing more than that???

No offence but I think i'd probably rate Jack Endino's opinion over yours.. They were a hell of a lot better than ok(ish) ...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

No offence but I think i'd probably rate Jack Endino's opinion over yours.. They were a hell of a lot better than ok(ish) ...

i saw them live 3-4 times and they never struck me as being in any way original or interesting. They were ok as a live rock band but as i say, nowt more than that (i.m.o.)

Nobody deserves tribute albums. They're all shit. Usually crap bands covering the worst songs of a band. Live covers are grand, maybe even covers on an album (that's pusing it though) but an entire album of tribute covers is a terrible idea. This isn't a slight against Kerbdog, I just pretty much despise tribute albums.

They're not all shit.

R-150-1019470-1184740296.jpeg

R-738079-1153664217.gif

R-150-451117-1182791857.jpeg

this thread has made me hate kerbdog and everything they stood for, i'm off home to burn one or both of their albums.

I was at their first gig in the Newpark Inn supporting Therapy. They surprised me how good they were that night, I can tell you for free!

[FONT=&quot]I'll probably make this one of my last replies as there is little interest on here.
There is isn't one teenager on the album, this aint some ball-licking tribute. I find it strange how people can suggest 'getting off their arses' when, looking at the number of posts some of you make you must spend half the day on forums thinking up so very, very, witty remarks. Or maybe i'm not giving you enough credit. You might be all respected artists, journalists or labels?

Kerrang circa 2003? Apart from InMe (who aren't technically on the album), did any of the other bands release anything that year or even the year after?

Nearly all the bands on here are full-time touring bands, with dozens of release between them. The album is for fun, paying homage to a band we all looked up to, respect and believe deserve some recognition. The album has the full support from Kerbdog - I wouldn't have put it together otherwise. Relax about it, no one is trying to make money from the album, the ethics behind the release are sound.[/FONT]

Ahhh we're just bustin chops here, no need to get yor knickers all ina twist. I was mad into Kerbdog, however, every tribute album, for anything, I've ever heard has sounded depressing and weak..

well i for one will definately try and get to it.

was in 3rd year when the played last gig of their initial run but saw em at the 2nd of their first 2 music centre gigs in feb 04 or 05 i think. feckin class band. enjoyed their Oxegen set a couple of years later too.

label it released on his owned or run bu Therapy? drummer Neil Cooper.

if u a fan go along.

if not then fair enough.

simple as really

whens the best of out?
some of the b-sides from the "on the turn" era were better than 75% of other bands a-sides.

must have seen them live 15 - 20 times. always rockin.

They just have a cult following; good for the fans to get something like this done, I guess. I did think On The Turn was a really fun pop/rock album that was hard to fault when I was a teenager.

Nobody deserves tribute albums. They're all shit. Usually crap bands covering the worst songs of a band.

Wrongo.
This is gold. Therion's version of Summer Night City alone makes it worth it.

a_tribute_to_abba_retail_cd-front.jpg

Wasn't there a Stars Of Heaven tribute album or did that ever come out?

Nobody deserves tribute albums. They're all shit. Usually crap bands covering the worst songs of a band. Live covers are grand, maybe even covers on an album (that's pusing it though) but an entire album of tribute covers is a terrible idea. This isn't a slight against Kerbdog, I just pretty much despise tribute albums.

Have you never heard this....

View attachment 6051

Check it out and get back to us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back