Kent - Du & Jag Döden (1 Viewer)

La La

i drink your milkshake
apparently these guys from Sweden have been around since 1990.
i'm reviewing their new cd.....the first track is really good, rest of the album is so so, but still.
have i had my head in the sand or have many of you guys been listening to this band before? not what i'd usually consider my cup of tea, but i love Nordic lyrics.
any of you like 'em?

I have a couple of their albums - Isola and Hagnesta Hill. Isola is pretty good (esp. 747), but sounds a little like Radiohead. Hagnesta Hill is depressing and dull, so I haven't listened to it much. I like the way they release a version of their album in Swedish and another version in English. It's sweet. Are they doing that with this album?

THRILLHO said:
I have a couple of their albums - Isola and Hagnesta Hill. Isola is pretty good (esp. 747), but sounds a little like Radiohead. Hagnesta Hill is depressing and dull, so I haven't listened to it much. I like the way they release a version of their album in Swedish and another version in English. It's sweet. Are they doing that with this album?

im aware that they did record some stuff in english for the other ones, but so far im not sure if they'll be releasing this one in English. i quite like listening to bands singing in their mother tongue anyway, like Sigur Ros for instance....even though half the time they sing in Hopelandic, but it would sound kinda stoopid if they sang in english.
nordic languages sound deadly i think, all those rolling R's and all........!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back