Kean-o (1 Viewer)

Goodbye

It's not like me to start a thread about football, but I'm just wondering what peoples opinions are because my knoladge of the subject is so limited...

but after reading some of the cover story in todays Indo:

Is Roy Kean just another scumbag in a Man U shirt into a bit of agro?

Discuss...

Yes! He is is. A man capable of bringing his own downfall, without knowing. And what he said about the tackle on Mr.Haaland shows how full of malice and ignorance he can is. Silly, silly man.

I think he's really unfortunate with what's hapenned, his personality is what makes him such a great player, but it also makes him do and say some really stupid shit.

He's trying to sell a book. And being an asshole is his way of getting publicity. People don't want to read about mother theresa, they want to read about thugs and hatred and scandal, etc. ..

Its amazing that some people don't care if millions think they're a twat, just as long as they are making money. By the way i don't really have anything against the guy, I'm not too well informed, but I can't blame him for having a problem with the FAI.

Originally posted by Speed Racer
Yes! He is is. A man capable of bringing his own downfall, without knowing. And what he said about the tackle on Mr.Haaland shows how full of malice and ignorance he can is. Silly, silly man.

you've been guilty of a few rash sliding tackles yourself lately (as pointed out elsewhere)

Originally posted by Dan
By the way i don't really have anything against the guy, I'm not too well informed, but I can't blame him for having a problem with the FAI.

Roy Keane = aggressive thug

FAI = incompetant cheapskates

What's very sad about Roy Keane is how he believes the hype. No player, no matter how good he is, is bigger than the machinery around him. The club is bigger, the league is bigger, the industry is bigger, and the social and information structures that deify him are way bigger. And they'll crush him. He thinks he's powerful enough to criticise who he wants? He should have more sense. I think he should criticise who he wants, but the media in Britain is a vicious, vicious animal, and he'll be swallowed like a fucking prawn sandwich.

The really sad thing is that, if this happened in GAA, he'd just be given a slap in the wrists, because he's just being a spirited rascal who's passion would be appreciated. And hey, he'd be doing it for the love of the game, no matter how misguided his efforts are. But when we see Roy Keane, we think of the millions he makes, and his team-mates make, and it sullies everything. I think, in the long run, even though he'll protest that it's the game he loves, the size of the game in Britain and the money involved has influenced his opinion. He thinks he's bigger than Ireland, bigger than Man Utd. And it's the likes of that weasel Dunphy that have made him think this, a fucker who pretends he's anti-establishment but is actually the biggest lick-arse going and corporate Ireland's best friend. Roy Keane is no hero, he's been influenced by the lowest rat of them all. He's just a really good player who has fucked up, and years from now he'll really, really regret all this.

It'd make a good Shakespearian play, actually.

what would you do for your county?

it did happen in GAA, last year with the Galway team
argy bargy between players and the coach
shake hands lads, get on with it
tis a savage game like
and so they did
keane's a professional in a multimillion industry
and he conducts himself like the rash bull headed ejit
all he's short of is a pig under his arm

Originally posted by Ian
It's not like me to start a thread about football, but I'm just wondering what peoples opinions are because my knoladge of the subject is so limited...

but after reading some of the cover story in todays Indo:

Is Roy Kean just another scumbag in a Man U shirt into a bit of agro?

Discuss...

So he is then...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back