just in case anyones interested... (1 Viewer)

#10-7

Website
www.delorentos.net
just in case anyones interested:
vote here for for the irma awards 'new hope for 2001'

http://www.2fm.ie/presenters/tonyfenton/awards1.html

and the nominees are!:
david kitt,
bell x1,
relish and
reel.

why the fuck are reel in this? how does a manufactured band like this have any hope alongside the others? how could they possibly be a new hope for 2001? bet they win too..

or if you don't like the suggested answers, and having looked at their form, you could just send an email to:

[email protected] , with a blank subject line

and the following in the body:
answer=grafton street heavy metal guy

or any band of your choice

next week: putting aidan walsh's name forward for the Ernst & Young entrepreneur of the year award...

now pete, are you talking about the bloke who sit on their amps and do u2 songs? cos they're not very heavy metal.. or is it the old guy with the finger-pickin' device, cos h's not heavy either, or what about that old OLD guy who plays black sabb and led zepp stuff outside mcdonalds? cos he's terrible... so it can't be him?
i think those kids who shout 'father and son' repeatedly for 6 hours on a saturday should get my vote... or hey what about that old lady who dances and sings on o'connell street? eh? if she changed from religious stuff to destiny's child i'd say she'd get number one...

no way, vote for the bottle guy, remember him? he used to bang bottles on his knees, he got a fair ould beat going too, no-one ever gave him money though... poor guy

actually he did make good money and the funny thing is he just started doing it one night when he was locked and people started giving him money...or so the urban legend goes

Y'know the metal guy, always plays slayer riffs an has a basketball net, so its fun to give him quids...
he RULES

glen hansard got him to play support to the frames once in vicar street. no joke. it was the same gig the null set played at. he does rock more than anyone here for what it's worth. black black day, all the oil and coal in the world couldn't de-chill my palsied bones....

Metal Guy© is a serious talent indeed.
He's like a juke box...he even knew "Crepitating Bowel Erosion" by Carcass.

Well it impressed me anyway.

I believe he's a bike courier now, wasn't he on that awful 2Phat on network 2 also?
He played riffs instead of that DJ guy.

I do believe his correct copyrightable name is actially The Marks and Spencers Blues Explosion

Least eh... according to Dudley it is.

metal guy was on 2phat? wow. he met zig and zag. he IS famous. cool.
and wasn't a there a group of kids who busked there in front of the flower sellers by bruxelles given a record deal? thats shit. i don't agree.
(maybe i'm bitter cos i didn't get signed from busking....)

Yeah. They supported meatloaf (!)recently. they also acted the bollox with my little brothers trad supergroup on Grafton St on a turf basis. Gonks.

John (16 Mar, 2001 12:57 p.m.):
Yeah. They supported meatloaf (!)recently. they also acted the bollox with my little brothers trad supergroup on Grafton St on a turf basis. Gonks.

those little knacker kids supported meatloaf??
or is there wires getting crossed?
one of thems gone solo i think.

andy
ps - screw the dean

no, no, one of them went off to do some solo work.

an installation piece on urban underage performance art, at the Douglas Hyde
He cut a carol singer in half and put him in a steel tank.

caused quite a stir in the world of high concept urban street proformance.

Apparantly some guy got physically sick on himself at the opening.

No wires crossed.
Then they got a record deal.
They're supporting some other schmuck's stadium gig soon.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back