[Jun 8, 2013] Mumblin' Deaf Ro, Prairie Dawgs, Lie Ins (The Cobblestone) (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 0
  • Views 986
  • Watchers 0

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
Hello all my plant, mineral and animal friends,
After a bit of a break, I will be playing this Saturday at the legendary Tumbleweed Love sessions at the Cobblestone pub in Smithfield, Dublin. It starts at about 9pm and it costs a measly 7e to get through the doors to the bar.
I am currently nursing my first ever blood blister (not rhyming slang) but I hope to be fit and well by Saturday.
Also playing are our genial hosts the Prairie Dawgs and the tunesome twosome Lie Ins - details below.
Hope you can make it before it makes you.
George Best,
Ro

The Lie Ins:
"Lie Ins are a literate, acoustic indie duo who like to explore punk, anti-folk, rock 'n roll and indie pop. Featuring only drums and acoustic guitar, their political fervour and heartfelt balladry have beguiled and bewildered Irish audiences in equal measure at their high-octane, sometimes shockingly angry gigs. A founder band of the Popical Island collective, Lie Ins are currently recording their debut album".
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The Prairie Dawgs:
"The Prairie Dawgs play a roots music that mixes influences from both sides of the Atlantic. If someone sat down to plan a band that would be equal parts Pete Doherty and The Carter Family they’d be laughed at. But this nine-piece outfit add a contemporary sensibility to a downhome tradition that makes their debut album a winning proposition."
Eamonn Carr - Hot Press
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back