Jumping on Bandwagans (1 Viewer)

talkingllama

in what instances, i.e. what bands/acts, is it acceptable to jump on bandwagans?

If you buy all their back albums and become an hardcore fan, does that make it better?

talkinglama said:
in what instances, i.e. what bands/acts, is it acceptable to jump on bandwagans?

If you buy all their back albums and become an hardcore fan, does that make it better?
WHEN YOU ACTUALLY LIKE THEM. THEN IT'S COOL. WHO'S ON FOR MEETIN' US DOWN THE BACK OF THE WAGON FOR A DOOB AND A CAN?? THE MUSIC'S GREAT!!
ALLAHQUANDO!!!

Brian, are you 'dance' enough to be putting on a show featuring cylob next week?? How many rephlex records do you own????

was only havin this conversation with the boy and his sister the other day..they think im a snob cos i judge people for their lateness into gettin into bands and whatnot..the case in point was that a girl in the boys class in college is now gettin into pavement..and is like borrowin up a storm of both pavement and malkmus solo albums..so opinions?

Stan Bowles said:
Brian, are you 'dance' enough to be putting on a show featuring cylob next week?? How many rephlex records do you own????

Music is nowt to do with me Neil.
Heheh bet you couldnt wait to say that when you saw that

muffin said:
was only havin this conversation with the boy and his sister the other day..they think im a snob cos i judge people for their lateness into gettin into bands and whatnot..the case in point was that a girl in the boys class in college is now gettin into pavement..and is like borrowin up a storm of both pavement and malkmus solo albums..so opinions?

Hardly jumping on a bandwagon is it. That's just timing.
I bought my first They Might Be Giants album in 1998. With a year I had pretty much everything I could get. In fact great idea for a thread...

the nirvana bandwagon is as burnt out as a car on a parisian street, but that dont stop the kiddies listenin to the music now, does it?
fuck the bandwagon theory, if people get into music 'late' who fackin cares?
is there some guy out there, like the milk monitor in school, who is rationing how much back catalogue music a person can buy?
Osama im gonna join you in the back.

beer-party.jpg

talkinglama said:

theres plenty of stuff that i like now that i wouldnt have like when i was released first.

does it count as bandwagon on jumping if the music was released before you were born?

It's the reason back catalogues are there. I would also suspect that musicians are delighted when this happens.

everybody wins, cred issues? who cares.

I'm forever getting into stuff that I didn't have the money to buy when younger. I did it recently with Deerhoof.Had never heard tehm before and caught a track on that burn my eye dvd. went out the next day and bought everything I could get my hands on. Brilliant fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back