job hunting (4 Viewers)

So I read today alright. Sure I have a poxy dead end minimum wage part time job supplemented by social welfare here and I don't want anything better for my future. Ah don't mind me

So I read today alright. Sure I have a poxy dead end minimum wage part time job supplemented by social welfare here and I don't want anything better for my future. Ah don't mind me

Living the dream

Job hunting like fox hunting is a blood sport folks. You have to look in a lot of empty burrows and in the end, you might be forced to settle for a rabbit instead of a fox.

I'm filling in an application form for a public sector job. At the end of the form it says "Do you wish to avail of the optional Irish language test? ". I've ticked the "no" box as I can't string a sentence together in Irish, will fail any such test and anway, they haven't given any good reason why I might want to do such a test. Are they likely to use the "no" as way of deciding whether to bother looking at me form or not? Is that how these civil service people think?

I'm filling in an application form for a public sector job. At the end of the form it says "Do you wish to avail of the optional Irish language test? ". I've ticked the "no" box as I can't string a sentence together in Irish, will fail any such test and anway, they haven't given any good reason why I might want to do such a test. Are they likely to use the "no" as way of deciding whether to bother looking at me form or not? Is that how these civil service people think?

The public sector are hiring?

You get 6% added to your interview score if you have "proficiency" in Irish. Internally, at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back