Joanna Newsom plays The Grand Canal Theatre in 2010 (2 Viewers)

BTW "Monkey and Bear" is one of my least favourite JN songs. It's kinda obvious in a real un-obvious way. Have I made myself clear?

when she played that in newcastle on ys tour i convinced myself it was written about her new bandmates who were wearing brown and darker brown suits.

oh, hello. I wasn't there. Maybe worthit was?

BTW quote from your quote

No, the beards were thin too. And the most uniform thing about the audience was that – I swear – they were all 27 years old. So, at least when my daughter and I were averaged out, we were about the right age.

@Jill Hives, there you go, you were right. In the newspaper and everything

I wasn't there. But my friend Nicky was. Apparently people started arriving for some rockabilly club just as she got on stage and they were shouting at her to get off the harp and shit like that.

iphotos076889-dvst07140619-jason-newstead.jpg

I was at the Sugar Club gig. It was pretty busy and noisy up at the bar alright, but I was in the 3rd row of seats so it didn't bother me. She came out and started clapping her hands and singing an acapella number. My mate turned to me and looked at me like I had just said I enjoy sex with farmyard animals. By the 4th song he was a fan though. I really enjoyed it and she hung around after talking to people. I was too intimidated to approach her though.

I was at the Sugar Club gig. It was pretty busy and noisy up at the bar alright, but I was in the 3rd row of seats so it didn't bother me. She came out and started clapping her hands and singing an acapella number. My mate turned to me and looked at me like I had just said I enjoy sex with farmyard animals. By the 4th song he was a fan though. I really enjoyed it and she hung around after talking to people. I was too intimidated to approach her though.

That review from the Irish Times was great. Proper writing with humour, etc. I smirked out loud at the "everybody was 27 years old" bit.

This account of the Sugar Club gig is extremely close to how I remember it also. She started with Yarn And Glue which was a real grab yer attention opener. She should break it out again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back