Jimmy Behan is building fx pedals that kick ass (1 Viewer)

mark

M&S Wine Gums FTW
Hi all,

Jimmy Behan recently started building high quality clones of many cool and vintage pedals which he's been selling on Adverts for a while now. When I say high quality I'm not using those words lightly. In my opinion the workmanship and parts used meets or exceeds the standard of many boutique manufacturers. Check out the FAQ section of his site for more details.

I’m currently using the following pedals he has built:

- an optical compressor
- a custom line driver for the bass guitar
- an Interfax Harmonic Percolator clone

And I have two more on the way! He has bewitched me...

These really are beautifully made pedals that sound fantastic, and he's selling them for exceedingly reasonable sums, even with postage.

Anyway, this place is choc full of pedal nerds so I thought I'd let ya'll know about him. Check out his stuff:

http://www.jimmybehanfx.net/

I've not tried any of them but from looking at the pictures I'd agree with everything above. I'm amazed the stuff on adverts hasn't sold instantly.

What else have you got ordered Mark?

a baldwin burns buzzaround and a D*A*M meathead, the dark one. seriously, he's so dead if the wife ever meets him...

according to his FAQ section he's working on getting vids/audio samples up too.

I love my dark Meathead. Gonna do a tagboard version for myself soon too.

here mark, what do i need

i'll bring some of mine to rock, you can try 'em!

How's the percolator?

it sounds as it should, nasty but nice. he put a switch in mine that removes some of the diodes from the circuit and it gives a louder, punchier sound that actually cleans up nicely with the guitars volume, but the basic HP sound is top.

i have a few for you to try too padraig. there is one in particular, that baldwin burns buzzaround, that i think you'll like. are you rocking next wednesday?

i have a few for you to try too padraig. there is one in particular, that baldwin burns buzzaround, that i think you'll like. are you rocking next wednesday?

Cheers Mark, would be great to get a go on it. Will probably be there next Wednesday alright.

I just want a pedal with two buttons on it. One that you step on to get overdrive/distortion. The other to boost the volume for playing solos. What would that be called then?

Oh, and if possible, a third button to just generally make the guitar sound amazing.

I just want a pedal with two buttons on it. One that you step on to get overdrive/distortion. The other to boost the volume for playing solos. What would that be called then?

Oh, and if possible, a third button to just generally make the guitar sound amazing.

You'll have to have a few knobs on it. I'd say at least three. If it were me I'd go with a dod250 for overdrive/distortion followed by a super hard on for the solos. I can put one together for ya if you want? Both buttons on together would sound pretty amazing.

and if i'm not very much mistaken, moose has built a box of rock. hugh, i can tell you from first hand experience that moose also builds kick ass pedals.

I too have long dreamt of such a pedal as Hugh referred too.

although I would more love a simple volume boost for solos but as a switch on the guitar not a pedal.Imagine how handy that would be......

I too have long dreamt of such a pedal as Hugh referred too.

although I would more love a simple volume boost for solos but as a switch on the guitar not a pedal.Imagine how handy that would be......

All you have to do is drop your guitar over to me and we'll get this sorted for you.

and if i'm not very much mistaken, moose has built a box of rock. hugh, i can tell you from first hand experience that moose also builds kick ass pedals.

I have made one alright, tbh I'm not mad about the overdrive side of it all. Just doesn't do it for me. Would happily build one for someone else though. :)

I have a modded dod250 with switchable marshall guv'nor 3 band eq tone control followed by a sho solo boost nearly completed here. It's gonna kick some serious ass when it's done. Probably gonna have a some clipping options in there but I haven't decided which yet.

Actually Mark I have a cool experiment for us, when you get your Meathead Dark we have to compare mine with run of the mill caps to yours with the fancy brand name stuff and see if we can tell any difference.

Also does anyone want to buy me one of Jimmy's Tonebender Mark IIs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back