jim o'rourke/sonic youth. (1 Viewer)

new Sonic Youth record is called 'Nurse' and it's out June 7th
hopefully they'll play a dublin show

goo=shit!

ddn, murray st, washing machine my favourites. i think evol is better than sister, which i'm not too keen on bar a few absolutely stinking tracks, schizophrenia obviously...

coast to coast said:
goo=shit!

ddn, murray st, washing machine my favourites. i think evol is better than sister, which i'm not too keen on bar a few absolutely stinking tracks, schizophrenia obviously...
Evol's better than Sister which is a bit more straight rock maybe cos they were on SST when they released it
Stereo Sanctity is one of the best songs they've recorded though up there with the live version of Shaking hell
wasnt mad about Murray street-- too straightforward rock especially after what they been doin with the SYR stuff
Washing Machine is amazing
was in a music lecture the other day this Irish composer fella cant remember his name played Becuz, talkin about microtones and other intellectualisms
the head wanker of the music department in college looked disgusted at him

the bearded lady said:
is this the long awaited lp where they cover Therapy's "nurse" lp?

please let it be so.

here, sonic youth are shit.
You mean like when Therapy released a lp covering Pet Lamb's High Anxiety?

M.BISON said:
ps - 'i'm happy and i'm singing and a 1-2-3-4' is ridiculous. first track is so good.
Is that in the shops now? I couldn't find it anywhere about a year ago - wasn't it released at the same time as Insignificance?

billygannon said:
Is that in the shops now? I couldn't find it anywhere about a year ago - wasn't it released at the same time as Insignificance?
city disc used to have other stuff from Mego... best to get it online from www.mdos.at (thats mego's direct order service) - it is a great site for getting weird and wonderful things.

favourite sonic youth right now this moment is probably dirty (got the repackaged/expanded 2cd thing a while back, it's great), though i was listening to daydream nation a couple of days ago and it's starting to grow on me... again... oh, and why has no one mentioned a thousand leaves yet, i really like that. it's kind of when they started the whole really quiet thing they've been up to for the past couple of albums (em, if you don't count the end of washing machine, i suppose)

here, this favourite sonic youth riffin' might even deserve a poll.

does anyone know if the little mashed up snippit at the end of track 4 on bad moon rising is
- Crime
- Sonic Youth doing a Crime song (nothing to do with 'hotwire....'
- something else entirely

andrew

i found him very creepy, i dident want to shake his hand after he was fondling his spice girls wallet full of wet fivers...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back