Jaysus cycling! (15 Viewers)

Confused Chrissy Teigen GIF

''“There is a problem, people are fearful,” said Fianna Fáil Councillor Deirdre Heney. “I had a constituent, an older gentleman, requesting that something be done about the Clontarf promenade, cyclists are booting past pedestrians, it is quite dangerous. ''

My main experience while cycling out along clontarf, is pedestrians ambling along in the cycling lanes. (that and ocasional lycra clad heros booting round corners 2 abreast on the cycle lanes forcing other cyclists to jam on their breaks).

But the biggest problem is the death maze caused by the unfinished ever changing roadworks on the way too... i.e so back to cars...

If its always the bloody cyclists then nobody has to talk about

A: Just how many laws* people break per day driving even if they are sorta normal
B: Driving beeing a consistentl and relentless source of tragedy for people

But those bloody cyclists are going to fuck up the place alltogether.

*UTM is fucking awful on roundabouts. No indicators, lane swaps at the last second etc etc and one day he was ranting about other drivers and i just dropped in 'when did you last read the rules of the road' - Never. The answer was never. There are pre-theory test drivers all over the country absolutely fucking winging it in 2 tonne machines

AXA or the AA or somebody did a bullshit survey which found that something like a fifth or a quarter of over 55s thought cyclists were the biggest danger on the roads. Most of those probably listen to pat Kenny.

One reason gravel bikes have become popular is that modern mountain bikes make life too easy on the sort of terrain most people have access to. The bike yer man is riding there is probably essentially pointless for any other terrain. Like a track day car no longer road legal in what you can use it for.

Helmets chat in the Netherlands.

I'm looking for a new one slowly - something a bit lower profile or officey. I've a hi Vis yellow one that's graaaand but I'm slightly looking at a folding ebike for the winter months because of the new bus routes out here.

IIRC the netherlands has seen a near doubling of fatalities in the last ten years - but that's driven mainlyby the elderly getting back on bikes, with the surge in popularity of e-bikes.
they don't have the reaction times, or the survivability, that younger cyclists do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back