Jaysus cycling! (15 Viewers)

i don't bother with a bell; half the time people don't react well, i think it comes across as passive aggressive to some. i just call out a hello or similar.

I don't care how they react, just that they know I'm there

I get tired on bike paths yelling out ahead every 2 minutes

I'm pro bell

I tend to use it muted mostly, like a gentle click sound, and mostly use it for saying hello.
You ring them more than you pedal in the Netherlands, and they have some experience cycling.

People do respond to bells in my experience I also bell at cattle and horses just to say hello

i once tweeted a joke to david o 'doherty given his love of cycling, offered it to him for free to use. he just liked my tweet, didn't even thank me properly for it, the bounder.
it was something along the lines that campagnolo should start making bike bells, under the name 'campagnology'. i mean, it's staring them in the face.

i once tweeted a joke to david o 'doherty given his love of cycling, offered it to him for free to use. he just liked my tweet, didn't even thank me properly for it, the bounder.
it was something along the lines that campagnolo should start making bike bells, under the name 'campagnology'. i mean, it's staring them in the face.
Probably too cerebral.

Usual business this morning. Had to break to avoid getting clipped by an overtaking car in Cabra, oncoming traffic closer than they expected. Ended up sitting behind that car for a good 30 seconds at the following junction while we waited to get out. Had they waited 5 seconds they could have overtaken without any stress.

was at a barbecue on sunday at the in laws. my FIL went off on one about cyclists, kinda nuts how much people hate them (us).
i do know he's an exceptionally angry driver.

I had that at a wedding a few months back - I just like nodded a bit cos like the guy is otherwise a fully functional nice adult and it was someones wedding. I do need to develop some path to dealing with it again though.

the usual one you get is 'cyclists think they own the road' and it's usually the 'cycling four abreast' trope, preventing an overtake.
that argument - even if it's cyclists two abreast, exposes the lack of knowledge of the complainant.

the usual one you get is 'cyclists think they own the road' and it's usually the 'cycling four abreast' trope, preventing an overtake.
that argument - even if it's cyclists two abreast, exposes the lack of knowledge of the complainant.
You can't win with these guys.
Driving is inherently frustrating. People find stuff to complain about on motorways, nevermind roads.
It's not us, it's them. And fuck 'em.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back