Jaysus cycling! (4 Viewers)

i used to have a single speed, and was on the way home on it one day and an oul lad in a car, easily in his seventies, pulled up beside me at lights. he wound the window down and gestured at me. 'here we go', i thought.
'hey, is that a fixie?'
'no, i have it as single speed rather than a fixie'
'arrah would you flip the wheel around and just get on with it'.

i used to have a single speed, and was on the way home on it one day and an oul lad in a car, easily in his seventies, pulled up beside me at lights. he wound the window down and gestured at me. 'here we go', i thought.
'hey, is that a fixie?'
'no, i have it as single speed rather than a fixie'
'arrah would you flip the wheel around and just get on with it'.

According to a FB memory this morning I'm 12 years with my fixed gear bike.

course

i've a set of cranks which qualify for inspection. it's happened to at least half a dozen of the people on the cycling forum on boards.
yeah, that's been a well known... bug? flaw! for ages.
Even I know about that one.

Oh wow, you call them?

> International customers can call +31 792 077 017 between the hours of 9am and 9pm CET Monday to Friday, and from 9am to 5pm CET on Saturdays.

I'm not sure if I'm bothered... it's a corrosion thing. I've put fuck all miles on that crankset. Sob.

1695320911784.png

Old pannier still working part time for groceries. The bike is probably pushing about 22kg from it's factory 12.

Didn't try for the lidl jacket because i need to get a new bar bag soon and theres at least two weeks left in the one I have.

Let's say i had a fixer, and I commuted to work on that.
But let's say I was crying pretty much all of the time, like really sobbing, loudly, and blowing snot bubbles.

Would that still make me cool? Or would it all just balance out to normal?
are you listening to Belle and Sebastian while all this is happening ?

I'm bringing the Aldi clobber back in half an hour. Jacket ain't great and the base layers are too big. I'd love to be able to fit a pannier to the marin.

I'm bringing the Aldi clobber back in half an hour. Jacket ain't great and the base layers are too big. I'd love to be able to fit a pannier to the marin.
I'd a seatpost mounted rack for a while on my previous bike which while having an odd rake opened up full day wandering trips to new.

The long term result of doing that was to realise that I should just get a dedicated touring framed bike.
The touring bike is possibly one of the best actual things I've ever owned. Enough luggage room and gearing to live off for a week, and then take bags off and you can almost keep pace with a road bike.

For 30/40 euro or whatever though I did get a fair few good days or of it, plus groceries.

I've probably said this X10 too though - I favour panniers because my worst bike crash had a lot to do with having a heavy backpack - a raised centre of gravity that becomes uncontrollable when something goes wrong.

Any shops recommended for reasonably good cycling gear? I need at least a new jacket and a new helmet. Everything I like the look of on Decathlon, is not in stock. Annoying as it's not far away from me and I'd like to try stuff on first.

€55 jacket - not in stock
RC500 Hi-Vis Waterproof Cycling Jacket - Neon Yellow

€45 jacket - not in stock
Men's Long-Sleeved Road Cycling Winter Jacket Discover EN17353

€33 helmet - not in stock
Mountain Helmet Expl 500 -

€40 helmet - not in stock
Roadr 500 Road Cycling Helmet -

I wasn't getting clothes but i got 2 things from bike24 online most recently and there was no messing about.

All going well i'll be off for a few days on the bike as of tomorrow morning.

I wasn't getting clothes but i got 2 things from bike24 online most recently and there was no messing about.

All going well i'll be off for a few days on the bike as of tomorrow morning.
Good stuff. And that's good to know.

I ended up driving round to Decathlon and buying some other gear after trying it on. They are also the king cunts of having cheaper prices online than at the shop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back