Jaysus cycling! (2 Viewers)

You do something for 30+ years and accidents will happen

I've done it for 30+ years also, but not had that many accidents. However, I did get thrown over a car door and landed on my head, ended up concussed and in the back of an ambulance. They were worried for a few hours of serious damage. Do you know what I thought once I came around? 'I wish I'd been wearing a fucking helmet'.

A couple of years back I saw a guy who had so many lights on his bike and person that he looked like one of the UFOs Richard Dreyfuss runs into on the highway in Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

0097821_1324_MC_Tx360.jpg

I've done it for 30+ years also, but not had that many accidents. However, I did get thrown over a car door and landed on my head, ended up concussed and in the back of an ambulance. They were worried for a few hours of serious damage. Do you know what I thought once I came around? 'I wish I'd been wearing a fucking helmet'.

I'm probably good for a serious accident every five years

This is how I ride

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm probably good for a serious accident every five years

This is how I ride

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

What, with a camera on your head filming a boring cycle and listening to shit music?

The theme seems to be that if you're a 'good cyclist' accidents won't happen.

I might be reading wrong though

I think we should se up a rating system dependent on how much you've contributed to cycling threads online and how my accidents you've had and how impressive they were, only then can we really know who the good cyclists really are.

I make about 6-8 bike journeys a day. I have tried to train myself to unclip the lights. It just seems that every time I forget, someone strokes them.
I hate myself for being this stupid, but I also wish humanity could be just that bit better.
Maybe I'd look like a twat with spoke lights. I don't know.

I make about 6-8 bike journeys a day. I have tried to train myself to unclip the lights. It just seems that every time I forget, someone strokes them.
I hate myself for being this stupid, but I also wish humanity could be just that bit better.
Maybe I'd look like a twat with spoke lights. I don't know.
maybe lights that are worn on the person would suit you better?

do you wear a helmet? There are lights that attach to helmets. Failing that, something that clips into clothing might work either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back