Jaysus cycling! (1 Viewer)

Some bollix just robbed the back wheel off mine from our locked bike shed in the apartments. Must have cut a few spokes to get it out, so try to get your lock around the tyre if you can.

edit. Time to go shopping for a new wheel and cassette. On the bright side this might force me into learning how to set this thing up properly. On the down side, i was only looking at PS3s on amazon during lunch today. Cant afford that now.

Hoverbike aims to take aviation to a new level | Video | Reuters.com

Untitled1.jpg

is there any easy way to determine if the clicking you hear on the bike is coming from the bottom bracket? seems to happen more under load, which is hard to simulate when not on the bike.

Any thoughts on replacing standard track pedals with BMX pedals on a single speed? The bearings are gone in my pedals and a fella was telling me he switched and wouldn't go back.

Any thoughts on replacing standard track pedals with BMX pedals on a single speed? The bearings are gone in my pedals and a fella was telling me he switched and wouldn't go back.

I swear by flat bmx pedals on both fixie and mountain bike. These are what I have on the fixed and then have the proper DMRs on my mountain bike.

Wellgo V8 Copy Flat Pedals | Chain Reaction Cycles

RE bottom bracket above, new chain also sorted out my clicking.

I swear by flat bmx pedals on both fixie and mountain bike. These are what I have on the fixed and then have the proper DMRs on my mountain bike.

Wellgo V8 Copy Flat Pedals | Chain Reaction Cycles

RE bottom bracket above, new chain also sorted out my clicking.

Yes, they just seem very wide, but I guess you adapt. Those Wellgos are alumimium? I'd probably go for plastic ones.

Plastic should be fine I just found I broke them when I was cycling all day everyday working as a courier.

is there any easy way to determine if the clicking you hear on the bike is coming from the bottom bracket? seems to happen more under load, which is hard to simulate when not on the bike.
well its either the pedals, one of the cranks or the BB. So if you hear the clicking regardless which pedal you're pushing then its likely the BB.

If you feel any slight bit of movement that you think shouldn't be there then thats a sure sign.

the bike is about 12 years old, but it was in storage for ages, so it's in unusually good nick. the chain seems OK - i did have some faint squealing and creaking noises, but i lubed the chain and jockey wheels and other pivot points on the rear derailleur, and those noises went away, but the random clicking has not.
BB would be shimano 105, so i'm figuring at least 50 quid to have replaced?
the pedals (SPD) have always creaked slightly under load, but i think that's the clip section rather than the pedal axle which is creaking.

the bike is about 12 years old, but it was in storage for ages, so it's in unusually good nick. the chain seems OK - i did have some faint squealing and creaking noises, but i lubed the chain and jockey wheels and other pivot points on the rear derailleur, and those noises went away, but the random clicking has not.
BB would be shimano 105, so i'm figuring at least 50 quid to have replaced?
the pedals (SPD) have always creaked slightly under load, but i think that's the clip section rather than the pedal axle which is creaking.
it its only creaking and theres no extra give in it then you might get away with lubing it.

You'd get a 105 BB for less than 40 quid on chainreaction. More in a bike shop, then add on labour.

i asked the local bike shop to take the BB out and regrease it. they did so, but the clicking has not stopped; which may mean it wasn't the BB to begin with.

but another issue is that a colleague said to me that he thinks the BB may be a sealed one, which makes regreasing it impossible. so maybe the LBS took my 30 quid for nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back