Jaysus cycling! (13 Viewers)

interesting to hear the different experiences; i'd totalled my frame a few years back. went back into cycleways, where i'd bought the bike, and they told me downstairs it'd cost 'at least a grand' to replace it, even with a low end frame. they didn't seem to want to engage with me.
went to cyclelogical, and dealt with cliff; got a ridley frame with an RRP of €600, a new seat pin and headset, and the work to transfer everything across, all for €525.

Presumably the bad experiences didn't deal with Cliff.

Cliff seems sound. The general staff that I encountered were wankers.

It's amazing. If some young lad walked into my shop trying to get into playing guitar or taking up cycling to a serious level, or buying some old LPs, I'd relish the chance to look after him and encourage him and make sure he makes the right purchase and hopefully keeps coming back. Where they get these utter cunts from to staff these places, I do not know.

Not commenting on staff in cycleogical,because I never shopped there. But sometimes,the people who mouth off about staff being cunts in shops,are way bigger cunts themselves.

little fucks.

any dealings ive had with the service guys in cycleways has been negative. what's the pc word for wanky ballbags?

Working as a courier for two years really pays off when dealing with bike shops with usually knowing one or two folk in the shops now so get treated well.

any dealings ive had with the service guys in cycleways has been negative.
i once bought a pair of cycling glasses in cycleways, with interchangeable lenses. the frame snapped when i was trying to change lenses, so i went back in with them. the chap i was talking to was one of the owners sons, i think; but he was kinda rude in insisting that it must have been my fault that the frame snapped; so he took a fresh pair off the shelf to show me how it was done, and snapped the frame in the process. i don't think i've bought anything there since, despite the fact that i bought my two bikes in there prior to that (from some lanky aussie, but he's been gone years).

Came the closest I've ever come to being "doored" this morning. If I hadn't have been paying full attention I'd have been a goner. I whistled as I went round the door, in a "whoo that was close" kind of way. For some reason I'm always totally calm when I've almost been severely injured. I turned round then and the guy was absolutely beside himself with trying to apologise enough, so I gave him an acknowledgment and went on my way. Of course if I had a Go-Pro cam I could've berated him for 10 minutes and uploaded it to Youtube and been a big fucking hero. :rolleyes:

Never been so happy as the day I saw that Cycleogical had gone out of business. Biggest bunch of cunts in any retail establishment I've ever encountered.

A sound as fuck cycle shop has opened near me in the last year, Bee Cycles in Dolphin's Barn. Definitely recommended if you're in the area. http://www.yelp.ie/biz/bee-cycles-dublin

jaysus dogs.

i was out 11 or 12 days ago, and when going by a house, i was attacked by a dog and bitten. it was a bad cut and i had to get a tetanus shot for this.

my first cycle since then was today, another mishap with a dog. this time i was cycling on a small uphill section and a dog is coming straight for me barking. I go to bull my breaks to stop in a panic and i come off the bike. my elbow took the impact of the fall. the next car on the road was very nice and helped bandaged me and my bloodied elbow up. at that point, i decided best to head home as normally from that point, it would be another 1 hour 45 and through far hillier territory

That's terrible IFF. I would check the bike for any noises sometimes that can set a dog off. I put some oil on my chain a week or two ago as it got exposed to the elements for a little while and was makeing an awfull racket. But it might just be that you have been unlucky in meeting some madogs !

i once bought a pair of cycling glasses in cycleways...
so i was in cycleways today. i've heard of a 30s rule; that a shop assistant should approach you within 30s to ask of you need assistance. i can confirm that in cycle ways, they operate on at least a five minute rule, because that's how long i was ignored for (downstairs) before i left.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...t-road-users-on-collision-course-8744982.html

Cameras worn by cyclists to highlight the daily dangers they face from motorists on Britain's roads are fuelling tensions between car and bike users, a new study argues. Social media sites such as YouTube and Twitter contain hundreds of videos taken by the lightweight devices which are attached to riders' helmets. They can show shocking examples of cyclists being cut up, knocked off and even physically attacked by irate drivers.

Kah Chan, a behavioural expert at the Victoria University of Wellington in New Zealand, has argued in a new study that the cameras could be further antagonising the two groups.

i'd say whats also fuelling tensions between cyclists and motorists is "cyclists being cut up, knocked off and even physically attacked by irate drivers." more so than the cameras.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back