Jaysus cycling! (7 Viewers)

fairly apeshit out there alright. bachelors walk is normally busy, but today it was just a traffic jam. until i got past a bus that was trying to merge right and i had the entire lane to myself. those johnny car drivers were merk'd!

i just caught the last 20 minutes of the documentary on the ras on TG4. i'd never heard of the batshit nationalist history of it. the olympics protest was like a bad monty python sketch.

i just caught the last 20 minutes of the documentary on the ras on TG4. i'd never heard of the batshit nationalist history of it. the olympics protest was like a bad monty python sketch.

It was a great program. I knew about the split and the 2 different organisations and that they hated each other. I read that book on Shay Elliot book which detailed some of it - not the IRA shit, or that Olympics shit. I was amazed that Elliot's name wasn't even mentioned in the program, he being a defector from the Ras crowd to the non-Ras crowd.

Going to buy and a new bike and jump back in the saddle after over15 years..

Problem is I don't have a clue about buying a bike.
I can't even make my mind up between Hybrid or Mountain. I like the look of MBs but are they alot heavier - the bike will be mostly just city cycling so is a mountain bike a silly idea.
I was going to spend about €350 - can I get a bike thats not complete shit for this. I don't want to go higher as I'm afraid I'm cycle for 2 weeks realise I can't handle the traffic/effort etc
and never use it again.

I was going to pop down to EuroCycles on Long Mile Road tomorrow and see whats available.

Any opinions/tips etc would be great - Thanks guys.

Get along to a local bike shop and pick up something second hand,you should get something relatively cheap and in decent condition.
I suspect anything you get from eurocycles will be cheap and cheerful with loads of unnecessary bells and whistles and will fall apart in no time.

I've been thinking about getting a bike again too, now that I live somewhere where I can bring it inside. Every bike I have ever owned has been stolen so I don't want to spend a fortune on something. I walk everywhere but on the weekends it would be nice to have a bike to go for an extended journey to get out of my 2 mile radius that I normally inhabit.

Going to buy and a new bike and jump back in the saddle after over15 years..

Problem is I don't have a clue about buying a bike.
I can't even make my mind up between Hybrid or Mountain. I like the look of MBs but are they alot heavier - the bike will be mostly just city cycling so is a mountain bike a silly idea.
I was going to spend about €350 - can I get a bike thats not complete shit for this. I don't want to go higher as I'm afraid I'm cycle for 2 weeks realise I can't handle the traffic/effort etc
and never use it again.

I was going to pop down to EuroCycles on Long Mile Road tomorrow and see whats available.

Any opinions/tips etc would be great - Thanks guys.

Eurocycles will be grand

I'd say go for a hybrid. Mountain bikes are too much of a slog.

and get a couple of good locks.

I think i have to get away from the fixie. My knees are massive and lately, for some unknown reason, drivers, pedestrians and other cyclists have been lunatics and i fear for my safety. I've been slowing up to try anticipate what these fuckers are gonna do!!!

I think i have to get away from the fixie. My knees are massive and lately, for some unknown reason, drivers, pedestrians and other cyclists have been lunatics and i fear for my safety. I've been slowing up to try anticipate what these fuckers are gonna do!!!

is it not a flip-flop hub? Can you not just swap over to the freehub?

also, get brakes if you don't have any.

Got a raleigh airlite Hybrid from Eurocycles. It seemed the best in my price range (it was €279 which also claimed to be 50%off but who knows). Didn't get much use out of it yet as I am away for a week.

Still need to pick up a helmet - Eurocycles didn't have one in black that would fit my noggin. Is there anywhere around town that you could recommend. I want one of those 'bmx' styled ones (i think thats what they are called - just not the aerodynamic type). Is €45 about the right price for one?

Got a raleigh airlite Hybrid from Eurocycles. It seemed the best in my price range (it was €279 which also claimed to be 50%off but who knows). Didn't get much use out of it yet as I am away for a week.

Still need to pick up a helmet - Eurocycles didn't have one in black that would fit my noggin. Is there anywhere around town that you could recommend. I want one of those 'bmx' styled ones (i think thats what they are called - just not the aerodynamic type). Is €45 about the right price for one?

get one here

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Categories.aspx?CategoryID=1953

they're great to deal with and you'll have it in 2/3 days max.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back