Jaysus cycling! (4 Viewers)

question -

I wanna cycle to work in Blanch via the Phoenix Park. Gonna get into the park at Parkgate St - where do i go from there??

Ta

anyone ever thrown up while cycling?

once, cycling into work from Sallynoggin, i had to get off the bike and have a lie down in a field for a while.

i think i'd had a bad pint the night before.. i got to the field and hit a slight hill and i think my stomach decided to get rid of some excess breakfast. kinda like someone dropping weights out of a balloon to make it go higher.

it felt lovely to lie down on the grass for a while. nice and cool..
like lying on a box of capri suns

no never.

but I've felt the urge to chuck a couple of times. Never happened though.

maybe you're allergic to aluminium. Or capri-sun. Or both. Was the capri-sun in those alu-foil packs? If so, I think thats your problem.

i threw up once on edmondstown road, just after the left hand turn which would take you to glencullen.
this was just as a german camper van was pulling up, presumably to ask directions. they did not hang around.

i threw up once on edmondstown road, just after the left hand turn which would take you to glencullen.
this was just as a german camper van was pulling up, presumably to ask directions. they did not hang around.

cheers dude. That just reminded me that I need to collect a package in the post office in the morning.

# i've never thrown up from any sort of exercise, although I've been fairly close. I think throwing up is more when you get a bit belt of lactic acid / lactate into your system, and you are not used to it.

Ie, you are fit enough to get nice and anaerobic, to be able to do work anaerobically for a few minutes, but not used to it yet. I get the pukey's if I lift weights after a long lay off, or get on the bike after 2 months, and put 20 minutes in way too fast.

Shaky, and pukey feeling.

After a while, your body can take the lactic acid levels, and flush its self clean.

I think its very similar to getting used to drinking. At the start, you get locked easily, and then not so much.

hey wait..

i was a fucking mess that morning, i'd drank so much the previous night that i forgot that i actually lived in town and got the nitelink out to my folks

cock. so much for my new frame. the front wheel is tucked in more under the bike, i.e. closer to the pedals - and the cleat on my shoes cannot be moved far enough to keep my toes from the wheel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back