Jaysus cycling! (2 Viewers)

Does anyone use cameras? Had an outrageously fast and close pass on the Nephin road this morning. Was quite shaken about it.

several of the posters on cycling on boards have both. it's a real mixed bag by all accounts, on the reception you get if you go to the gardai with footage; and it often just boils down to pot luck with dealing with the right garda.

I've a notion i'll be chancing the sub 50euro ebay type ones.

Kinda thinking about my route, it's invariably the tax/bike/bus lane where i'm getting mad shit - possibly rear for me.

I don't know anything about models/makes

several of the posters on cycling on boards have both. it's a real mixed bag by all accounts, on the reception you get if you go to the gardai with footage; and it often just boils down to pot luck with dealing with the right garda.
Probably most useful for venting online, and i suppose having some footage on the occasion of my untimely death.

Only really going to be useful if you are actually knocked down. But that was stupidly close this morning, talking 20 cms. There is no way they could have judged how close they were to me, particularly at that speed.

to give an example - one lad on boards has recently just been in court (as witness) over footage he submitted. the driver got done.
5+ years ago the same chap (least i think it was the same chap) went to the gardai with footage of a van driver nearly hitting him and the garda warned him that if he wanted the van driver to be done, the garda was also going to charge the boards lad with a public order offence - because he shouted A Bad Word as the van came close to killing him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Jim White & Marisa Anderson (Thrill Jockey)
Whelan's Main Room
25 Wexford St, Portobello, Dublin 2, D02 H527, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back