Jason Molina/Songs: Ohia play crawdaddy nov 30th (1 Viewer)

rettucs

Supporter
Solutions
Post of the week winner: 22nd March, 2013
I've been going through a mini-obsession with this guys music since I was introduced to it there a while back (thanks Hayworth :))

Anyway, I didn't even know he was still doing shows. Amazing. I can't believe hes coming here.

Check him out. For sure.

POD CONCERTS PRESENTS
JASON MOLINA (SONGS OHIA)

CRAWDADDY, HARCOURT ST.
DOORS 8PM
FRI 30-NOV-2007

etc

.|..|

He's back as/with Songs:Ohia? He's been touring as/with Magnolia Electric Co for years now...

I was actually wondering if was a solo thing and the fact that the Songs:Ohia was in brackets was just to indicate who he was. I hope its Songs: Ohia. I'm not that mad on the Magnolia Electron stuff.

ah cool... was at MEC earlier this year but been waiting to hear him solo... his let me go, let me go, let me go album is soooooperb...

Anyone able to tape this, I have the London & Manchester shows covered. He is fine with plugging into the sbd too, let me know & I will try to help sort it out!
thanks

Secretly Canadian is proud to present the Sojourner boxset. It is the accumulated work of thirteen musicians, five locations, four recording engineers, three filmmakers, two designers and one songwriter, including enough material for three full lengths, one EP and one DVD. The boxset includes 4 CDs a DVD, a poster, postcards and a medallion.

The four CDs that are included in the boxset are from four distinct recording sessions that Magnolia Electric Co recorded following the release of their debut studio album What Comes After The Blues. The session known as Nashville Moon was recorded by Steve Albini at his Electrical Audio studios in Chicago, Illinois. The session known as Sun Sessions was recorded at the legendary Sun Studios in Memphis, Tennessee. The session known as Black Ram was recorded by David Lowery at his Sound Of Music studios in Richmond, Virginia and features an entirely different cast of characters including Lowery, Rick Alverson, Andrew Bird, Molly Blackbird, Miguel Urbiztondo and Alan Weatherhead.

The session known as Shohola was recorded by Jason Molina alone, with a guitar and microphone. The Road Becomes What You Leave is a film produced by Todd Chandler and Tim Sutton. It follows the band as they tour across the prairie provinces of Canada and shows the loneliness and isolation one can feel even when traveling in a pack.

from the pod.ie website

or you could buy the 'fading trails' album which picked some of the best tracks across these four sessions...

kind of a 'best of' which was released before the actual source material...

or you could buy the 'fading trails' album which picked some of the best tracks across these four sessions...

kind of a 'best of' which was released before the actual source material...

just realised that I already have 'Fading Trails'. Looking forward to hearing the rest of it too though. Especially the Andrew Bird stuff

this was nice. The man has the most incredible voice. His guitar playing style is a little different and sometimes you want him to just strum the hell out of it, but its nice all the same.

Spotted him at Vic Chesnut last night too.

Aye, it's very sad. Used to know him a little many years ago, stayed in his house once, and he was incredibly kind and helpful to the Corpo.

Got a message from his last week, and it seems like he's on the mend. Looking forward to many, many more records. One of the finest voices ever.

god how things change. My last post in this thread was all sweetness and light. Now its all just gone to shit.

http://live.magnoliaelectricco.com/

Everything in his back catalog is streaming for free there.

I haven't listened to anything else all week and am still really gutted and just plain sad at the news of his passing.

(apologies if I'm going on a bit)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back