Jason Molina/Songs: Ohia play crawdaddy nov 30th (1 Viewer)

Just finished watching this. heatbreaker. apologies if it's been posted somewhere else before.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hansard has an EP/album of Molina covers out it seems ...

getting favourable reviews too (pitchfork, etc).

I heard a song from it and didn't think it terrible at all. Molina spoke highly of Hansard at the Crawdaddy gig that time so it seems they were genuinely buddies.

Still, Hansard though

Saw a tweet this morning, apparently he was on one of the late night US talk shows last night playing something from it and he made the tweeter cry.

Aye, on Letterman, with a good portion of the band that made Magnolia Electric company. Thought it was great.

Crazy to think that those 3 minutes of airtime will probably generate more money than Jason ever saw in his lifetime.

I was listening to What Comes After The Blues over the weekend, that's the only Molina related lp I have. What else is worth getting?

It's mostly all great, though can be intense at times. My fave is the last Songs:Ohia record, "Magnolia Electric Co", fantastic LP

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Cool thanks, I shall look out for that one.

I was listening to What Comes After The Blues over the weekend, that's the only Molina related lp I have. What else is worth getting?
the Black album and the Lioness are my favourites.

I prefer Songs:Ohia to Magnolia Electric Co.

if you want intense, have a listen to the album he released under his own name 'Let Me Go, Let Me Go, Let Me Go'. Try listening to the title track without it shattering your heart into pieces.

the Black album and the Lioness are my favourites.

I prefer Songs:Ohia to Magnolia Electric Co.

if you want intense, have a listen to the album he released under his own name 'Let Me Go, Let Me Go, Let Me Go'. Try listening to the title track without it shattering your heart into pieces.
actually that album might be called the Pyramid Electric Co.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back