Japanese new music festival (feat. Ruins & Acid Mothers Temple). april 29 (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter u:m
  • Start date
  • Replies 30
  • Views 4K
  • Watchers 5
when i tried to do this, the amt dude decided to play with gong in london instead at really short notice. i cancelled their asses so quick.

The Akaten section was probably my favourite. The plastic bottle song was incredible. Also the weird wine-pouring thing was pretty funny. Was never mad about Ruins even when there were two guys in it, and with just Yoshida, it was pretty much just a 25 minute drum solo. Interesting enough though I suppose. Kawabata's set was deadly, pretty ear-splitting at times though. Woulda been nice if people could have shut up too. The actual AMT bit was pretty average I felt. The final A cappella bit was great. Beh.

I must agree with Lungs, akaten was great fun. Bottles were the best but shredding lead zip sounded pretty amazing.
Got a little bored with ruins alone after a few minutes - interesting stuff but i just couldnt get into it.
Kawabata was incredible, really nice stuff. Must say though Piece 4, with both musicians present was impressive. In awe of kawabata really.

Kawabata's set was deadly, pretty ear-splitting at times though. Woulda been nice if people could have shut up too. .
Yeah,there was plenty of people yapping away at full volume throughout his solo set. It would have been nice if they had let those who were into it enjoy it properly, or at least have decamped to the back of the room to continue the chinwag they had decided to pay €17.50 for. Ruins alone was pretty cool but went on a little too long for my liking. Still, I suppose it was a bit of a last minute kind of arrangement, what with Atsushi's illness. Reminded me a bit of Charles Hayward's drumming style. All told, I enjoyed this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back