iTunes 11 - And how it sucks (1 Viewer)

I hate how it looks. Plus as a test I started playing some large mound on it, next thing I start hearing instrumental versions. WTF? How did that happen? Turns out it was playing local files. So hard to tell.
The worst thing about new iTunes is that sometimes you're streaming podcasts and sometimes playing local files. I hate that.

New problem. Got rid of itunes completely, been running Winamp 5.666 last night, discovered it had wiped iopd memory(i think??) Went to sync & wouldn't find it(ipod). Removed ipod plug-in for winamp, & downloaded/ran new one. It has Ipod now, but every time I try to put tunes back on, keeps failing. get "transfare error" " unhandled error during copy..." messages, that's it. Nothing else, nothing to indicate what problem is. Should I just re install all winamp? or since my ipod is ancient, is it to old/no longer compatible???

Apple destroying your music collection in the name of homogeneity

Apple Stole My Music. No, Seriously.

This would drive me fucking crackers

2. What Apple considers a “match” often isn’t. That rare, early version of Fountains of Wayne’s “I’ll Do The Driving,” labeled as such? Still had its same label, but was instead replaced by the later-released, more widely available version of the song. The piano demo of “Sister Jack” that I downloaded directly from Spoon’s website ten years ago? Replaced with the alternate, more common demo version of the song. What this means, then, is that Apple is engineering a future in which rare, or varying, mixes and versions of songs won’t exist unless Apple decides they do. Said alternate versions will be replaced by the most mainstream version, despite their original, at-one-time correct, titles, labels, and file contents.

wow!

Google Music similarly scans your file collection and then "uploads" the wrong fucking version but it doesn't delete your files!

Does it?

I'm sure I still hear skips on a dodgy CD ripping I uploaded. Must check.
well depends on whether or not there's a match on their database and whether or not you're the kind of freak who obsesses about mastering, 7" edits and the like...

Similarly I was listening to Ozzy's Bark At The Moon on Apple Music and the title track was massive and loud but the rest sounded like a tape of a tape.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back