Its €42.00 to see Sinead O'Connor live!! (1 Viewer)

The last song I liked was fire on babylon, you know what I mean. That came out in 1994, you know what I mean. She's been treading water a long time, you know what I mean. Recording rubbishy albums, you know what I mean.

yea she was doing theology and i was in pholosophy but as there was about 100 in the whole college we were bunched together for classes. think she was hoping for some kinda confrontation with the priests but jesuits are pretty chilled.

Re: Its €42.00 to see Sinead O'Connor live!!

The last song I liked was fire on babylon, you know what I mean. That came out in 1994, you know what I mean. She's been treading water a long time, you know what I mean. Recording rubbishy albums, you know what I mean.

i kinda agree, its the arrangements of the songs thats the problem i thing - too over produced and bland. her voice is still lovely even if she doesnt do the shrieking and wailing anymore (can anyone who's seen her live recently tell whether she can still do it on the old songs?). and gospel oak was good, that one with "no mans woman" was ok-ish, although no mans woman was a classic pop single. sean-nos nua was appalling, the reggae one wasnt as bad as you'd think and theology has some lovely stuff so not too bad. lets blame it on phil coulter anyway.

Re: Its €42.00 to see Sinead O'Connor live!!

yea she was doing theology and i was in pholosophy but as there was about 100 in the whole college we were bunched together for classes. think she was hoping for some kinda confrontation with the priests but jesuits are pretty chilled.

did she ever shout "glory of jah" in the middle of class?

no,got to say she was a total disapointment as a theologian. there'd be huge arguments with everyone but she kept out of it. then she dropped out near the end of her first year, it was when the whole whodidher thing with her last kid (think it was her last one anyway) kicked off in the papers.
she did seem nice tho.

The night before an exam a couple of months ago, I was trying to get to sleep and the guy in the apartment next to me was playing her version of 'Marcus Garvey' really fucking loud and singing drunkenly along with every fucking word. Fuck Sinead O' Connor.

shes been pretty quiet on her thoughts of the new pope, maybe she like the whole conservative german oldschool thing?

i saw her interviewed a while back and she was asked about the priesthood and religion etc but she said she wasnt going to talk publicly about any of that anymore as nobody took her seriously and turned it all into a joke. did anyone else see her on the late late just after she became a priest? she was in her priest outfit with big rosary beads etc and gay byrne as saying "sinead, what are you at? cop on" and she replied "i know you think of me as a daughter but you cant speak to me like that" and then she sang some long hymn thing. it was quite scary how deranged she looked

i saw her interviewed a while back and she was asked about the priesthood and religion etc but she said she wasnt going to talk publicly about any of that anymore as nobody took her seriously and turned it all into a joke. did anyone else see her on the late late just after she became a priest? she was in her priest outfit with big rosary beads etc and gay byrne as saying "sinead, what are you at? cop on" and she replied "i know you think of me as a daughter but you cant speak to me like that" and then she sang some long hymn thing. it was quite scary how deranged she looked

Marijuana's a hell of a drug.

fans,

really though, disc one of Theology is absolutely superb. bin disc two and you're left with an album every bit as good as her first two albums. totally different and lacking in spoilt teenager bitterness, yes, but just as good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back