It Never Even Entered My Mind (1 Viewer)

By Mumblin Deaf Ro...

I Can't stop listening to it! Weeks now!
Maybe its this weather or some girl...

Or maybe its just the piano...

I'd put it on Youtube if I had any idea how to do that..

It's for us both, she said, if we're to grow she said....

that one took a while for me. didn't like it much when the album first came out. tis a good un.

you should make and star in a video to accompany the song and stick it up on youtube. go on!

It's for us both, she said, if we're to grow she said....

that one took a while for me. didn't like it much when the album first came out. tis a good un.

you should make and star in a video to accompany the song and stick it up on youtube. go on!

Ha! That would be very amusing... for everyone else!
I could always use cats or little human milk cartons I suppose.

....then I've got to let you go she said, and with those words stuck in my mind, she walked out of my life..

Ah, the old heart strings...:heart:

Does it mean I'm gay that I welled up when I first heard that song?
I was "going through" a "break up" at the time

I've only heard that song once - it was played during some radio interview that Ro linked to a while ago. Beautiful song, I should get my hands on that first album.

I've only heard that song once - it was played during some radio interview that Ro linked to a while ago. Beautiful song, I should get my hands on that first album.

I got mine straight from the man for a measly fiver.

I love the "trumpet" part of this song.

Ro do you have sheet music for this or Egret or are you not a sheet music kinda guy?

I got mine straight from the man for a measly fiver.

I love the "trumpet" part of this song.

Ro do you have sheet music for this or Egret or are you not a sheet music kinda guy?

Sorry i don't have sheet music I'm afraid. I had a big falling out with all the main sheet music publishers back in the 80s and we haven't spoken since.

Sorry i don't have sheet music I'm afraid. I had a big falling out with all the main sheet music publishers back in the 80s and we haven't spoken since.

Could you not scrawl some crotchets out on the back of a knapkin or something. I'd need to sit down with a load of tea and patience to figure out them out and I don't even have a piano so that'd be difficult.

Is this the sentimental corner of thumped?

good.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Could you not scrawl some crotchets out on the back of a knapkin or something. I'd need to sit down with a load of tea and patience to figure out them out and I don't even have a piano so that'd be difficult.

I don’t have my guitar handy so I may have this wrong, but the guitar chords for “It never even entered my mind” go something like this:

Verse

F# A#7 D#m7 C#7 F# A#7
I wish I could raise my voice and speak above this noise and reach you from across

D#m7 A
this table

and so on . . . .

Chorus

F# A#7 D#m7 C#7
If you think that I grew tired of waking by your side

F# C# A
Well it never even entered my mind

C# F# C# F#
It never even entered my mind

My Prayer for Egret is hard to explain as it's a load of sevenths with different bass notes and open strings. If you're at a gig I'm playing say hi and I'll show it to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back