isn't "Car" by Built To Spill one of the greatest songs ever? (1 Viewer)

Honourable mentions for Distopian Dream Girl also

My stepfather looks just like David Bowie,
but he hates David Bowie
I think Bowie's cool.
I think Lodger rules
My stepdad's a fool!"

Doesn't bring back memories of 95 for me as I was only twelve, but it does just make you nostalgic, regardless of whether the thing is real or not. Its that kind of song.

i was talking with a mate about built to spill the other day...i then get a text this morning saying "track 3 on perfect from now on 3.20 mins of intro. genius"

it made me smile

'perfect from now on' is one of my favourite albums..definitely a desert island essential.

i was talking with a mate about built to spill the other day...i then get a text this morning saying "track 3 on perfect from now on 3.20 mins of intro. genius"

it made me smile

'perfect from now on' is one of my favourite albums..definitely a desert island essential.
That was D, wasn't it?

it sure was...

we debated the burning "whats the best built to spill album" issue over some pints the other day. he's more of a keep it like a secret fan. it appeals to his pop sensibilities more than the epicness of perfect from now on.

In fairness, he's a bit of a girl, so I'm not surprised he prefers the poppier side of Built to Spill. He also likes stuff like Bros and Ace of Base.

At the end 'i wanna see movies of my dreams' part, for some reason (in my head) i always think he's saying -

'i wanna see boobies in my dreams'

poll

Looks to be still open. Perfect From Now On is winning.
Wish those 'fake ad for new LP songs' became reality. They sounded great.

A man needs lovin'
A woman needs a man to love,
and I'll hold onto yoooouuu
my midnight staaaaaarrrr

There's nothing wrong with... is pure joy. Big sunny yellow vinyl and all. One of the big deals for me at Primavera too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back