Is Trey Parker a genius? (1 Viewer)

I've found American Dad fresher than Family Guy the last while. I like that they have a storyline in them. I especially love the golden turd sub-arc. I hated Robot Chicken when I first saw it but I've grown to love it. The Kaneda opera bit is fucking amazing. I find it interesting that it seems to be mainly cartoon series that deal with adult themes etc these days.

I think though sometimes the "ironic" racism/sexism/homophobia in all these series can be a bit iffy. Drawn Together is especially guilty of this.

i thought the first series of american dad had some great moments, especially "bullocks to stan" and "a stan in the hand", but i found the second series pretty boring and i havent had the need to watch more. one of the main problems with it is that some of the characters are terribly weak: anything involving steve is automatically dull, and that fish character is annoying and pointless.

drawn together is abysmal, it's as if someone decided that simply combining shocking / offensive themes and animation automatically makes for a winning formula.

oddly enough, the first episode of robot chicken i saw i didnt like at all. the next one had me smirking a bit, the next chuckling, and the next almost pissing myself laughing.

i know what you mean about the "ironic" offensive humour. it's actually a part of why i dislike south park so much, i find the homophobia in that series extremely offensive and distasteful. there seems to be a genuine nastiness behind it that isnt present in the other main cartoon series' mentioned here.

South Park's worn noticeably thin in the last year or two, I reckon, barely got more than a handful of laughs out of the current season and the second half of the last one. They don't seem to layer the gags and storylines as densely as they used to, I get this very rushed, half-arsed kind of feeling from a lot of the newer episodes like they're just sketching out part of the storyline and then filling the rest with recycled ideas and jokes. Or else they aim for new levels of outrageously shocking, with things like Cartman injecting Kyle with AIDS, or Britney Spears walking around with half her head missing, but they forget to actually make it funny so the end result is just uncomfortable. It feels like they're either getting bored of it or else running low on ideas (not that this would be a crime, after 12 years of making it). Though maybe I've just seen enough of it at this stage that it's become predictable to me, I don't know..

i think i must be one of the few people who cant stand "south park". i found every episode i have ever seen to be incredibly purile, charmless, witless and lazy.
I like most of the later series, the way you have described South Park is the way you normally describe me....tis odd, then again you would deny that it's odd.

at the end of the day I'd kill someone over Futurama cause I care about it but Family Guy is about as funny as Loaded

ie. pretty funny but you're still reading Loaded

I like most of the later series, the way you have described South Park is the way you normally describe me....tis odd, then again you would deny that it's odd.

are you on day release from a locked ward? i cant recall describing you in those exact terms, and regardless, i fail to see what it has to do with anything here.

at the end of the day I'd kill someone over Futurama cause I care about it but Family Guy is about as funny as Loaded

ie. pretty funny but you're still reading Loaded

"The spawn of J. 'Loaded' Brown/and L. Laverne crawl around"

Is Loaded still going? Gas.
I remember discussing it as part of a linguistics course. Liadain remembers. I did GQ.

I am still awake.
I donno, normally with my "enemies" I have no time for 'em but with you I always wanna go drinking with you, can't quite figure this out why....suppose I just like you.....

Here is a feeing for you.

Play it loud!
YouTube - The Dickies - Paranoid

bewildered by this bonkers post. i hardly think having an online disagreement with someone makes warrents the term "enemies". in truth, we know very little about one another, though i suspect we have little in common.

That's harsh, I know for a fact you like your potatoes mashed with no milk.
I am of to bed now, note I used " with word.
You take life too seriously, People who wear black leather jackets are their own worse enemies.
Night night.

you know when you are waiting for a bus, and some absolute nutter decides that you are the ideal person to direct their incoherent ramblings + rantings to? and that rather discomforting desire to back away you have? thats kinda what this is like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back