Is there an American food store in Dublin anywhere? (1 Viewer)

Scientician 0.8

Supporter
Contributor
There seem to be foodstores from all over the world in Dublin dese dayuz. I've never seen an American one. The better 'alf is hoping to move over soon and I'm wondering if I can purchase any of those good ole 'merkin products. I know that many of those products are produced here by Irish subsidiaries for the general market.

There seem to be foodstores from all over the world in Dublin dese dayuz. I've never seen an American one. The better 'alf is hoping to move over soon and I'm wondering if I can purchase any of those good ole 'merkin products. I know that many of those products are produced here by Irish subsidiaries for the general market.

I think the short answer is 'no'.
No shop due to no demand.

What stuff in particular is she looking for?

4f9c8687-c85d-41de-9186-d8d7ed750521.jpg

Nothing in particular but there are lots of brands of stuff that Americans miss when they come here/Yurp/rest of the world. I know Irish supermarkets are fairly heaving with stuff so we should be all right I'd say.

Nothing in particular but there are lots of brands of stuff that Americans miss when they come here/Yurp/rest of the world. I know Irish supermarkets are fairly heaving with stuff so we should be all right I'd say.

Everything here is shit and expensive compared to the US.

There was a place by andrews lane. Hershys, reeses, cheese whizz all that shite.
You can get that stuff fairly easily now though

Fallon & Bryne and Donnybrook Fair have some American products. Chocolate is way better here so the only things I miss is my brand of peanut butter and sweet pickles. Of course, not together.

Everything here is shit and expensive compared to the US.

Absolute tosh.

Spuds for one thing are gank stateside.
And why do they serve American beer so cold.? So you can distinguish it from piss.
Crisps are muck over there too.
Supermarket grub was more expensive than eating out when I lived there.

Hersheys taste like what I imagine shite to taste like.Loike.

Yeah those are the two thing the Missus mentioned. She said that peanut butter here doesn't taste 'right' nor do our pickles.

Skippy and Jiff can be found in the stores I mentioned. No Peter Pan though. ;) I haven't found any pickles.... I've even tried tons from the polish shops. No sweet pickles to be found. Hard to bring glass jars here too. Last time I was home I ate a jar in one sitting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back