Is a golden Age upon us? (2 Viewers)

Speed Racer

Website
www.c64.com
I know this is a bit premature but is it possible things in Music are about to change greatly. And for the better. There are so many new bands (mainly rock) but loads of new exciting sounds being made, for the first time in ages. I just get that feeling. For instance watching the Jools Holland show, I've noticed that the last six months of the bands on it, have been way better than anytime before that. It's unbelievable. The difference.

Care to discuss?

actually, music is getting worser and worser.

onny the truly talented among us have noticed, buh.

There's a golden shower coming down on us. The future of music is other people's music.

i've figured out what was so odd about the new thumped design: it feels like i'm using photoshop.

Actually I was reading a piece in the Sunday Times a month or two ago on the music industry. It talked about how musical movements happen every 13 years. 1964 and the Beatles, 1977 and Punk, 1990 and Dance and that 2003 might prove to be an omenous one. Maybe?:confused: :)

Originally posted by Shorty
Actually I was reading a piece in the Sunday Times a month or two ago on the music industry. It talked about how musical movements happen every 13 years. 1964 and the Beatles, 1977 and Punk, 1990 and Dance and that 2003 might prove to be an omenous one. Maybe?:confused: :)

That;s a load of bollix. Dance started in 19897

What do you think of

The Coral
Miss Dynamite
Nickelcreek (not Nickelback dear Lord)
Norah Jones
Lemon Jelly
Polyphonic Spree
The Datsuns (they're dumb fun)
The Bees

???????

Come on some of these bands are doing incredibly dynamic stuff. Pisses all over any indie fuckin band of the last decade.

Originally posted by Speed Racer
What do you think of

The Coral
Miss Dynamite
Norah Jones
Lemon Jelly
Polyphonic Spree
The Datsuns (they're dumb fun)
The Bees

???????

Come on some of these bands are doing incredibly dynamic stuff. Pisses all over any indie fuckin band of the last decade.

The Coral/ The Bees: wanabe nordy psychadelic shite. I bought that coral album on the strenght of the skeleton key tune and it is fucking useless!

Miss Dynamite? Fuck off!

The Datsuns: The garage rock equivalent of ocean colour scene

Lemon Jelly: (yawn)

Noral Jones: who?

The Polyphonic spree and Nickelcreek, sure they're grand:)

The following bands spell out the death of Indie pop:

Stereophonics
David Gray
Travis
John Squire (his latest pile of shit)
Manic Street Preachers
U2 (shouldn't bother anymore)
Coldplay

I could go on, but the list is depressing me already. Hilariously alot of these bands are ridiculously famous and complete shit at the same time.

What do you think of

i just choked to death on a small child i was nibbling on.

thanks you people, but my work here could well be over.

And punk started in 76, I didn't write the article, and can only remember a bit. It was to do with Wilco, some film on them and the music industry, and mp3s. It doesn't matter, I do think you're right though, we're due something new, something to change our perspective as punk did. The music industry/scene has been pretty crap recently, I wonder what shape this new movement will take, and it's most likely already among us. Ooooohhhh!

Originally posted by Hector Grey
i just choked to death on a small child i was nibbling on.

thanks you people, but my work here could well be over.

I know... I know...you try and teach the kids, raise them well, let them know the difference between right and wrong...

then they go wanking on about a "golden age"

if anyone of yis listened to a Dire Straits album you'd break down in tears, tears I tells you, at the beuaty of it all... no is going to scale them dizzy heights again... certainly not the friggin Datsuns!!

Originally posted by Pantone247
does it bollox

were you deaf up until recently?

Explain? Tell me something good indie has done in the last five years. Come on. Don't just name call and leave without any explanation. I never said all of those bands are genius or anything. But at least some of it is interesting. The Coral are young now, but from what I saw on TV (3 songs) they've got potential. And I explained that I thought The Datsuns were dumb Rock. But its still better than Coldplay.

Explain? Tell me something good indie has done in the last five years. Come on. Don't just name call and leave without any explanation. I never said all of those bands are genius or anything. But at least some of it is interesting. The Coral are young now, but from what I saw on TV (3 songs) they've got potential. And I explained that I thought The Datsuns were dumb Rock. But its still better than Coldplay.

you really are something else speedy.
but here in the ether i am unaffected.

the coral are next year's super furry testicles

"better than Coldplay": that's no endorsement

The Jools Holland show should just call itself the Q Magazine show and be done with it.

And anyone who uses the words "Golden Age" in reference to music should be dipped for maggots. That's a journo term, *bleah*.

The Coral = absolutely dreadful
Miss Dynamite = 'mazin'
Nickelcreek (not Nickelback dear Lord) = rubbish
Norah Jones = rubbish
Lemon Jelly = bland
Polyphonic Spree = flaming rips
The Datsuns (they're dumb fun) = unreservedly the worst band ever
The Bees = ok

i do agree that are great people making great records. with the exception miss dynamite none of the above are

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back