Irish Politics. (2 Viewers)

You misread my post, you replied by saying "thats fucking hilarious", you meant it in a derogatory way (or do you normally talk to people like that?), it smarted, I retorted, the " im talking down to you vibe" was intentional (I'm glad you picked up on it :p), it was a debased version of sarcasm (the lowest form of wit and all that)... I mean, if you want an apology, I can say sorry! (?)
Also, anarchism is a set of political views/opinions/ideas (and/or a tendency within social struggle) which can be held by anyone whether they're "record nerds,political wannabe s,realists,arseholes, supriseingly knowledgeable?????? people,loners, rick out of the young ones types of students" or anything else, it is not a type/sort/identity (so play the ball and not the player). People don't differentiate enough between the views, opinions, tastes, hobbies, etc. that ppl have and what constitutes personality or the self.

http://www.squat.net/cia/gp/hom3c.php?artid=161&back=/cia/gp/hom3.php

Perhaps too many are still of the High Fidelity "It's not what you are like, but what you like" point of view, ah well...
I do normally talk like that,do you talk like you re replies"what constitutes personality or the self?,it smarted i retorted"
But to reply properly ,yes sir ,no sir wont do it again sir

protesting outside the imf/world bank/shell or whoever isnt gonna change a thing.

my original point was about the mass demos outside world bank meetings etc,those boys dont give a fuck,just business as usual inside while outside skulls are cracked and so forth.

apologies,i did actually mention shell in the original post,only put it in as its a big thing right now.normally i would believe that cases like rossport are susceptible to change as a result of public attention,unfortunately doesnt seem to be working in this case.

Also, anarchism is a set of political views/opinions/ideas

Given that there are a lot of people with anarchist affections on this board- do you hope for an anarchist society? I know it sounds simplistic but I've found that there are very few people in contemporary society who support the infallibilty of 'their' ideology to the exclusion of all others. Has anarchy or modern anarchist ideas developed in a way that would allow it to co-operate with other political ideologies or are they (anarchism versus any other ideology) too antagonistic?

I flirted with anarchism a while back but I've found that I've had to accept a lot of shit that I may have previously found unpalatable, just to do what I wanna do in life.

Inanywaysbuh, the reason I asked is because someone called Janer's thread redundant, but if you live/work in a particular society and care about politics, even if you don't agree with the particular form of government in power, isn't it a concern to you and worth discussing?

By the amount of replies/discussion/flames it was proven the thread was far from redundant :)

Nice reply too as I too dabbled with anarchism but that was back in the early 80's.

ehhh so are you saying that everyone should just lie down and do nothing. that is a radical idea i have to say no voting, no action, no demonstrations. hmmm i wonder.... This somehow sounds bad. could it possibly be that if their was no oppostion to these things say rossport (shelltosea) for example. do you think shell would say oh well theres no point building a station there as we have no protesters to draw attention to what we are doing in the back arse of no where lets leave, or might they possibly say on an outside chance 1000 -1 lets wreck the place in the cheapest and worse way that we can possibly think of yipee no media attention. so deafmute i think im still going to go to pointless actions if it means that i can draw at least 1 person to my cause it will be all worth it.

Let us know when you get back from a pointless protest, Orko. I'll be prancing around having a deadly laugh

I find it weird that damone thinks the "punks" arent political just coz they havent replied to janers thread, compare this to the two epicly long antifa threads or any number of other politcal threads over the past 5 years. I reckon people are just worn down trying to discuss things seriously on here due to the efforts of some who derail all serious discussion.

I find it weird that damone thinks the "punks" arent political just coz they havent replied to janers thread, compare this to the two epicly long antifa threads or any number of other politcal threads over the past 5 years. I reckon people are just worn down trying to discuss things seriously on here due to the efforts of some who derail all serious discussion.

i didnt say punks arnt political ,but i agree with you about arsehole s trying to be funny on serious threads,there is plenty of room for slagging and messing on other threads,its usually just a front for a lack of knowledge anyway
that demonica must be absolutely fantastic looking if what was written is true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back