ireland's nazis (1 Viewer)

Anybody else find this show completely non-convincing?
I mean, ending the segment on folens with the line "Albert Folens may have been involved in interrogations"? Hardly well prosecuted.

The Hindu swastika isn't the same as the Nazi one. The Nazi one is anti-clockwise and the holy one is clockwise. Illiterate Irish wall-daubers also often use the holy one though :confused:

Did they go into the whole phenomena of being into the Nazis to annoy the Brits? I'm sure that would have motivateda lot of Irish sympathisers. I've heard that there were lots of babies christened Adolph around Limerick who had to get swift name changes down the line when the war was over.

sorry about that

I did it that way because my version of thumped doesnt have sound effects ....yet

Pete?

tonight on rte one, 10.15pm.

looks pretty good to me

Would like to see this just to see if one of my ex-students is in it.
He was one of those guys who was lured to a pub recently with his fathead mates and then got the heads boxed off them and chased through town.

Celtic Wolves, or something.

Thing is, another guy in his class made some comments about his tattoos and how they were neo-Nazi symbols. All the other guys friends went mad saying there was no way he was a neo-Nazi. The accuser had to apologise (at the insistence of the Nazi!!) and staff had to apologise to him for what had happened and insisted that it would never happen again.

The thing is, though, that he was a nazi! How can he cause all this fuss and act so indignant?
Prick!

shit- id like to have seen that

There was an article in the Sunday Times about them

great propaganda posters

The Nazis used Irelands struggle against the British to try and persuade the german people that The Brits were bastards- after years and years of holding Britain up to be a shining light of how to run a country.

In contrast to typical images of the Irish at the time, dirty, slovenly drunks, these films showed gallant handsome workers noble in their struggle ahgainst oppression

and doing weird manly dances

Would like to see this just to see if one of my ex-students is in it.
He was one of those guys who was lured to a pub recently with his fathead mates and then got the heads boxed off them and chased through town.

Celtic Wolves, or something.

Thing is, another guy in his class made some comments about his tattoos and how they were neo-Nazi symbols. All the other guys friends went mad saying there was no way he was a neo-Nazi. The accuser had to apologise (at the insistence of the Nazi!!) and staff had to apologise to him for what had happened and insisted that it would never happen again.

The thing is, though, that he was a nazi! How can he cause all this fuss and act so indignant?
Prick!

what a dickhead

an uber-dickehead even

In contrast to typical images of the Irish at the time, dirty, slovenly drunks, these films showed gallant handsome workers noble in their struggle ahgainst oppression

and doing weird manly dances

Also, they didn't really know anything about Ireland, but that wasn't important.

Also, they didn't really know anything about Ireland, but that wasn't important.

I'd love to see them. I can imagine the Celtic Wolves guys would lap them up, and actually beileve what they were seeing.

fuchsglenarvon40.JPG

1621.jpg

Ich bien einen Spudmuncher

My mam told me that she saw a lot of anti-semitism in Dublin around the time of the war, because of high unemployment and a reputation of usuary among the jewish community.

My mam told me that she saw a lot of anti-semitism in Dublin around the time of the war, because of high unemployment and a reputation of usuary among the jewish community.

I'd say she was simply a nazi symapthiser and wanted to educate you in the ways of the third reich , is all

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back