ireland captaincy? (1 Viewer)

rampz

someone told me given was favourite. i think it should be robbie keane. ive felt for a few years that he'd make a good ireland captain.

ms.b.haven said:
Robbie Keane??????? ????? ????

/shakes head/

nah, i think he'd be good. he's got all the qualities. and this is not just cos he captained spurs a couple of times. even though he's a fairly mediocre player and thick as pigshit, i think he's got that winners mentality and he seems like a proper professional.

ms.b.haven said:
he's overrated, it should be Given

i dont like goalkeepers being captain. it doesnt seem right to me. i always think of paraguay and that guy chilavert. its just wierd.

given_shay_nufc_profile_2005.jpg

you've upset him

Would not like to see keane get captaincy, considering he is the worst player on the team when it comes to teamwork! Would give it to given although dunne and kavanagh should be considered as well

nofriendo said:
Would not like to see keane get captaincy, considering he is the worst player on the team when it comes to teamwork! Would give it to given although dunne and kavanagh should be considered as well

actually yeah richard dunne might be good.

honeymonster.jpg

Haha! Given should definitely get it, he's probably the only player that gives it everything in every single match. Dunno what you all have against goalkeeper captains, Chilavert was great for Paraguay, Schmeichal basically won Denmark the European cup, fuck even Barthez is alright as a captain! Okay dunno about the last one alright...

that had me thinking....
up until late in the day kerr chose andy o'brien ahead of richard dunne to partner cunningham which was an appaling error of judgement.

i don't reckon you need a full time captain of a team. look at the mess erickson made with beckham - no matter how shit he is he's got to pick him ! they had the same problem with shearer when he was going through bad patches he was getting picked ahead of players who were in much better form.

dunne and given are the only captain material they've got.
i think it'll be shay.

schmeichal also captained the scum to the european cup... well, the final anyway.
given's by the far the most experienced, smartest player ireland have

Cormcolash said:
Haha! Given should definitely get it, he's probably the only player that gives it everything in every single match. Dunno what you all have against goalkeeper captains, Chilavert was great for Paraguay, Schmeichal basically won Denmark the European cup, fuck even Barthez is alright as a captain! Okay dunno about the last one alright...

i dunno, its just wierd.

oh shit said:
schmeichal also captained the scum to the european cup... well, the final anyway.
given's by the far the most experienced, smartest player ireland have

do you nordys follow the norn iron national team?

some do, some follow the republic (like me), some follow both i suppose. i don't hate the norn iron team, i'd read up about them. but i don't really give a shit.
wearing the tops is often a sectarian marker, like it or not.
saying that, i've had three ireland shirts in my life (green 94 qualifers, green 94 world cup, green 98 qualifiers)

now I'd sooner have Duff than Robbie Keane but I still don't think he has the right qualities for captaincy. We need someone who can give direction, Duff is too timid

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back