iPhone out of the toilet (2 Viewers)

shower another shower

...wiped off, straight into a bag of rice.
Into the hot press? freezer? what up?
It's the end of the world, innit. GAHHHHH!!!
FUCK, FUCK, FUCKIDY FUCK!!!

Let it sit.

Get silica gel packs from out of a shoe box, put it in an air tight bag with them leave it in the hotpress or whatever you have that's warm, warm not hot hot is bad hot will probably warp you circuit boards as they dry too quickly. Most important don't turn it on for about 2-3 days at the least. Simple no big deal. Unless it's covered in shit if it's covered in shit just toss it and move on.

How I made a digital camera I knocked off the arm of a chair work again:

Shook out as much water as possible.
Dryed the surface.
Wrapped lightly in a a sheet of tissue to keep rice dust out.
Submerged in rice in a pint glass inside the hot press (not a sealed container, to allow moisture to escape.
Left for 3 days.
It didn't work.
Put it back in for another full day:
It totally worked perfectly again.

it was on when it dropped in, so I couldn't turn it off. no screen. in a bag of rice in the hotpress. sim out. will leave it for a few days.
Don't have the tool to open it up. Will hope for the best.

we're all thinking of you eric. terrible thing for anyone to be dealing with at tis time of year.

we're all thinking of you eric. terrible thing for anyone to be dealing with at tis time of year.

Aye, in some ways, it was the end of the world. Just getting ready to take it off rice now, hoover the shite out of it, then zingo, if works, great, brillo.. If not, whatevas. not like losing a limb or anything. Just a stoopid fone.

Aye, in some ways, it was the end of the world. Just getting ready to take it off rice now, hoover the shite out of it, then zingo, if works, great, brillo.. If not, whatevas. not like losing a limb or anything. Just a stoopid fone.

OK, we need to know now. Make it a christmas miracle.....

If you bring the phone to apple they'll give you a new one for an out of warranty price - around e200.

There's indicators in the earphone jack and cable socket that turn pink if water damage has occurred.

here, it's showing up in itunes. the touch screen seems to be working, but not the display. Not sure how much charge the battery is holding, buh.
starting to get used to living without a phone.
in any case, where's apple? or do I post it to them like?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back