iPhone 5 (1 Viewer)

People complain about the limitations about ios so much. The bottom line is, ios is limited for 2 reasons. 1 - Apple want to control the way you manage your content, and 2 - They want to set up their devices so they're extremely easy to use and intuitive. My parents both have iphones now and are way more internet and tech savy as a result. They both had smartphones previously that they could never get their heads around.
-
The people that complain about forced limitations of the iphone/ipad tend to be more tech savy and hit these boundaries a lot more than the average user. Jailbreaking is a really safe and viable option these days and it is so easy to. It only takes a few days now for hackers to develop an untethered jailbreak for the newest os. It involves plugging your device in and holding a button for 13 seconds and hey presto, you can use the device in any way you want and manage your content in a way that suits you.

Personally I've jailbroken my ipad because I want to use a vlc player and move all the .avi's that I have on my computer onto my ipad.

I agree with most of what you said. I think reason number one you've given is the the dominant one because a lot of basic non "tech-savvy" users I know are confused and frustrated with the lack of bluetooth functionality and restictions of email attachment size etc., especially when coming to Apple from another platform. It's something Apple would never do because of their design ethos, but it's a pity there isn't a "simple" / "advanced" mode switch in the iphone settings that allow you to remove the restrictions that they made to keep the OS simple for basic users.

If you ever need a reason why a phone experience should be severely restricted, check out http://fuglyandroid.tumblr.com/

tumblr_liqsmjYZUG1qiv9lwo1_500.png

whoooaahhhhh sudden 1990's Kai's Power Tools flashback there

Seems like a decent time to upgrade from my iPhone 3G.

Or my Nokia 2310.

The Nokia 2310 is a mobile phone designed for lower budget markets. Released in 2006, it is in many countries a suitable choice for children, for example, because it is given away with many prepaid mobile phone tariffs

Is that something that will work on any iPhone with the new upgrade?

I think it's a standard feature on a lot of Droids, is it not?

Sure - its been around for years on android and ios but i've never actually been that impressed by it. Always distorted, bad lighting, stitching. The results with this new update are very good even at close quarters.

Since when did people with Android phones become so self satisfied?

I thought that was iPhone people? I can't keep up with this bollocks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back