iPad available in Ireland from Friday 23rd (1 Viewer)

Tried out AirVideo.
Very impressive & easy to set up.

It would probably be great for someone who had a desktop machine & an iPad so they could watch movies from their computer anywhere in the house.
I've a Macbook, though, so if I'm at home it's just as easy to hook up the Macbook to the tv.
I'd really only watch movies on the iPad if I was away from home which means I'd have to leave the laptop on to watch them. Not ideal if you're away for a week or two.
Also, you'd need to make sure wherever you were staying had wi-fi & you'd still need to convert any movies or tv shows you wanted watch on the plane.

I'm heading over to the mother-in-laws later so I'll try out the remote access thingy on the iPhone.

The simplest option is probably just to start converting everything from avi to mp4 & be done with it.

According to the Twitters, old man Thumped got one of these this morning.

Don't charge it fully using your pc unless you have a 10v USB port. It can damage the battery over time.

I got one back at the begining of may. It was just the 32GB wifi model. I use ot with a mifi when I'm out of the house. There's no point signing up to a data plan. I just use a pay as you go broadband sim card.

I use if for books during my otherwise boring commutes, some quick browsing. It's handier than a laptop. You can just leave it lying about and it if you want to check something quickly it's faster than turning on a laptop and takes up less space. very rarely need to drag the laptop downstairs now. And still get a week's use out of the battery. Be lucky to get a few hours out of the laptop.

So does this mean I can use my sim from my three pay as you go dongle in the ipad and just top it up as normal ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back