iPad available in Ireland from Friday 23rd (1 Viewer)

Tried out AirVideo.
Very impressive & easy to set up.

It would probably be great for someone who had a desktop machine & an iPad so they could watch movies from their computer anywhere in the house.
I've a Macbook, though, so if I'm at home it's just as easy to hook up the Macbook to the tv.
I'd really only watch movies on the iPad if I was away from home which means I'd have to leave the laptop on to watch them. Not ideal if you're away for a week or two.
Also, you'd need to make sure wherever you were staying had wi-fi & you'd still need to convert any movies or tv shows you wanted watch on the plane.

I'm heading over to the mother-in-laws later so I'll try out the remote access thingy on the iPhone.

The simplest option is probably just to start converting everything from avi to mp4 & be done with it.

According to the Twitters, old man Thumped got one of these this morning.

Don't charge it fully using your pc unless you have a 10v USB port. It can damage the battery over time.

I got one back at the begining of may. It was just the 32GB wifi model. I use ot with a mifi when I'm out of the house. There's no point signing up to a data plan. I just use a pay as you go broadband sim card.

I use if for books during my otherwise boring commutes, some quick browsing. It's handier than a laptop. You can just leave it lying about and it if you want to check something quickly it's faster than turning on a laptop and takes up less space. very rarely need to drag the laptop downstairs now. And still get a week's use out of the battery. Be lucky to get a few hours out of the laptop.

So does this mean I can use my sim from my three pay as you go dongle in the ipad and just top it up as normal ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back