Insert hi-larious April 1st gag here (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 13
  • Views 2K
  • Watchers 0
'kurt cobain, richey manic, elvis, and the queen mother spotted in burger king in coolock'

'visitors to burger king in front of the omni centre in coolock received a unexpected surprise when the queen mother and a small group of previously suspected dead rock stars came in to eat at half past two before a showing of the new ali g movie.

Annie Murphy, an attendent at cash till 4, first noticed the famous icons. 'i wasn't sure at first, but when elvis came up and ordered all those whoppers, i could see that it was really him.'
when on a later break Annie went over to the group to ask for and autograph, she found out the identity's of the other guys.
'elvis was busy eating so i talked to the queen mother for a while. she was dressed down a lot, wearing runners and a hooded top, but she was very friendly and introduced the others.' said annie (57). 'they said this was the only time of the year they can move freely around and had been dying to watch ali g'
reports are unconfirmed as to whether or not they enjoyed the ali g movie...

that pitchfork shit was almost as funny as when Gearhead Nation got sold to some record label a few years ago

so anyways i'm watching 24 on BBC2 last night (the one that's on network 2 tonight) and as the two boyos are driving around in their van, what comes on as background music only 'New Noise' by Refused.

Odd, that.

So then tonight TV3 is on and a trailer for Law & Order SVU appears and they're using 'Waiting Room' by Fugazi as music for the ad.

Odder, that, cos I can't imagine Fugazi sanctioning the use of their music for anything remotely connected to advertising.

Oh well. That is how interesting today was.

isn't there a distinction between a public performance of a song and using it to advertise a product?

Or am i stupid?

pete (01 Apr, 2002 09:47 p.m.):
So then tonight TV3 is on and a trailer for Law & Order SVU appears and they're using 'Waiting Room' by Fugazi as music for the ad.

yeah, a couple days back someone texted me at 4 in the mornin to inform me of that.
very fuckin strange how they've been allowed to use it (or are they?)

but then again, if limp bizkit are allowed to cover it (shudder), i s'pose anything is plausible...

worse again is that i actually know someone (won't mention any names) who was roped in by that pitchfork thing

The Queen Mum was killed after a remote control airplane controlled by an Al Qaeda terrorist flew into her.....

Bertie Ahern has just been blown up by the Tallaghban and fed to mary harney for afternoon tea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back