injustice/censorship/hand-wringing boredom thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denny Oubidoux

Hangin round town
Supporter
Solutions
Re: post your baby picture

using the word muppet twice in a post means you must be struggling. losing your mojo?

here it is politapileup, i was merely stating that a number of people (myself and ICUH8N excluded) had reported posts about how much of an idiot they thought you were. if you have a problem with the facility, talk to pete about it. i dont really care about your problems with it at all. and try and cut down on posting pics of your hairy regions for the love of jesus christ.

back of the net again? yeah maybe.

i have politapill on my ignore list because in every thread i go into these days he seems to be there posting shite in it - like this one about baby pictures thats turned into another politapill thread. the ignore list is fine but i still end up reading about him through these tedious arguments and people quoting him. would it be possible to make a thread where all posts about him and about whether he should be banned or not/whether hes an idiot or not/ whether he's offensive or not could be moved into it and kept together (and igonred) rather than making us read about it in every thread? maybe if it was in the admin board it could be a general discussion about this kinda carry on and similar posts by other people could be moved there too?

The only other piece of advice I can offer to people is that if they feel there is a genuine problem, that they have been abused or harassed in some way, or have witnessed bullying or intimidating behaviour, especially during business hours, that they speak to a person's employer directly. Acceptable usage policies exist for a reason; one of them is to ensure that company resources are not abused, and that employees do not make potentially libellous/legally actionable comments using company resources. Violation of these policies is often deemed as gross misconduct, with the attendant penalties. I gather that academic institutions are particularly strict in this regard, see for instance TCD.

using the word muppet twice in a post means you must be struggling. losing your mojo?

here it is politapileup, i was merely stating that a number of people (myself and ICUH8N excluded) had reported posts about how much of an idiot they thought you were. if you have a problem with the facility, talk to pete about it. i dont really care about your problems with it at all. and try and cut down on posting pics of your hairy regions for the love of jesus christ.

back of the net again? yeah maybe.

unless you;re gonna post a picture of yourself as a baby hatching out of your egg, stop whining.

(and when you stop posting on thumped about how much you;d love a line, then preach to me about will power)

kthx

AND THAT, MY FRIENDS, IS THE BACK OF THE BACK OF THE BACK OF THE FUCKING NET, Y'HEAR??????????

"You must spread the love etc" :heart:

Right, off topic off topic for a minute.

Censorship is wrong. Tart it up whatever way you like. There's no libel being spake. Leave it. I remember some people (with different usernames at the time - and I'm talking a few years back) being the rudest fucking dodgiest cunts that made me think I wanted nothing to do with this forum at the time). So - no names mentioned - pot calling the fucking kettle black.

Maturity is a great thing, yes?

I'm sorry for bringing it up.

However, there's no need for people being rude just for the sake of it. Still, it IS THE FUCKING INTERNET!

Yes, we want decorum. But there are ways.

I say: do away with the report this post lark. USE THE IGNORE button if you want (though seriously, why would you?!). Turn it back on when you get curious.

If you really want to report a post as being offensive, use the [email protected] address and write it properly.

Or maybe call it, [email protected] address while you're at it.

Or...grow up.

OR...Relax.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone with this post.

But if I have done, either, a) add me to your ignore list or b) ignore what I say, or c) think about what I say.

If you want, report me. I don't know that means.

I have to say, that no matter what any of you say (and some of you can be a bit nasty to each other at times, but I also know, not one of you has ever meant it), I still think this is still the best place in Oireland to talk about music and art and stuff like that.

Let's not do the whole arse.ie (or whatever it's called) here.

The report button thing is handy if someone posts something that might get Pete and friends in trouble. Also for catching spambot things. And he's said to use it for threads that relate to that music promotion company. Jus saying. Maybe this topic should be split or something. Or locked. Or deleted. Or maybe I should be locked. At any rate, I don't have any baby pictures to post.

Why are you bleating on about censorship in response to other users' expressions of offense?
A) One has nothing to do with the other.
B) You have no say regarding the action(s) the administrators of this forum take as a result of complaints against a post/person.
C) Speaking purely for myself, I certainly take no notice of your opinion in this instance - I'm only responding to this by way of an FYI, in order to preclude any future confusion.

If politapill wasn't trying so hard to be offensive (hi Mark!) because he's bored and/or gets a kick out of annoying people, then we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

Mark: In future, when people complain about your posts on this forum because they feel that you're being unnecessarily offensive, myself and La La will have a quick heart to heart, which will probably result in your post being deleted - no big deal to you, or us, since I doubt that it'll happen often. Where we go from there is anyone's guess, but it's sure to be a veritable roller-coaster ride of tedious boredom for all concerned. If it turns out to be a regular occurrence, we'll have to come up with a more satisfactory solution, which doesn't involve me babysitting people who aren't willing to be civil.

Point B makes my blood boil Seriously. "(B) You have no say regarding the action(s) the administrators of this forum take as a result of complaints against a post/person.)"

For fuck's sake (and it's rare I spell that one out). I think I do. As a member of this forum, I have every right. Or else there is no point in it being a forum. As for,

"C) Speaking purely for myself, I certainly take no notice of your opinion in this instance - I'm only responding to this by way of an FYI, in order to preclude any future confusion."

Exactly which part of the phrase "MODERATOR" did you not understand? The word is MODERATE.

I'm sorry, but my opinion counts.

holy fuck, lock the thread until a censorship thread can be started in Politics. i'm all for discussion of the topic but not in a baby pictures thread godammit.

ps...am trying to locate 2 pics, one of me at about 2 and a recent one of my nephew at about 1.5...we look identical...s'weird.

pps...in the pic of me the old man is feeding me a beer. classic. classic foreshadowing. clasic tragic foreshadowing.

The only other piece of advice I can offer to people is that if they feel there is a genuine problem, that they have been abused or harassed in some way, or have witnessed bullying or intimidating behaviour, especially during business hours, that they speak to a person's employer directly. Acceptable usage policies exist for a reason; one of them is to ensure that company resources are not abused, and that employees do not make potentially libellous/legally actionable comments using company resources. Violation of these policies is often deemed as gross misconduct, with the attendant penalties. I gather that academic institutions are particularly strict in this regard, see for instance TCD.
That is rather a norty thing is it not? getting people to grass to ones job!!!
Thank fuck I be self employed

/goes back to selling Evening Heralds at some obscure set of traffic lights somewhere on the northside but def not Darndale.

/goes back to selling Evening Heralds at some obscure set of traffic lights somewhere on the northside but def not Darndale.

I wouldn't expect anything less from him. Although I am understanding as he has just secured his job as moderator and needs to make a great impression.

Go get 'em champ

I wouldn't expect anything less from him. Although I am understanding as he has just secured his job as moderator and needs to make a great impression.

Go get 'em champ
AAAAAAnd they're back :rolleyes:

AAAAAAnd they're back :rolleyes:

Fuck sake

heres your baby picture

bride-chucky-c.jpg

Why are you bleating on about censorship in response to other users' expressions of offense?
A) One has nothing to do with the other.
B) You have no say regarding the action(s) the administrators of this forum take as a result of complaints against a post/person.
C) Speaking purely for myself, I certainly take no notice of your opinion in this instance - I'm only responding to this by way of an FYI, in order to preclude any future confusion.

If politapill wasn't trying so hard to be offensive (hi Mark!) because he's bored and/or gets a kick out of annoying people, then we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

Mark: In future, when people complain about your posts on this forum because they feel that you're being unnecessarily offensive, myself and La La will have a quick heart to heart, which will probably result in your post being deleted - no big deal to you, or us, since I doubt that it'll happen often. Where we go from there is anyone's guess, but it's sure to be a veritable roller-coaster ride of tedious boredom for all concerned. If it turns out to be a regular occurrence, we'll have to come up with a more satisfactory solution, which doesn't involve me babysitting
people who aren't willing to be civil.

ban this outrageous filth

Guys, will you please take your football discussion to the Ah Ref forum or whatever it's called... and the debate about mods maybe to Admin somewhere?

This is supposed to be a photography forum and you're cluttering up the thread.

;)

I would be happy enough for the mods to delete all the non photo replies
:)
including this one!

Think of this thread as the final resting place for your off-topic musings in the photography forum. There's not much point in deleting any of this stuff, as it'll just result in more bleating, so here it is for all to see, and for none to post in. I'm sure we'll be adding to it periodically, when people forget what this forum is for, and that there are loads of better places to not post pictures or talk about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back