imovie question (1 Viewer)

taubstumm

Supporter
Website
kvt.red
i'm using imovie 6

i'm trying to get a single image (a jpg) to fade in, stay for a few seconds, and fade out.

it's letting me put a fade out on it, but not a fade in.

:confused:

why?

at the moment, it's the same no matter what image i use

enlightenment sought...

thanks...

next question, the ian...

(and everybody else)

the images are nice and sharp, but during the fade-in and fade-out the images are pixellated and blurry. how do i fix that?

danke danke.

by not using iMovie...

Its a resolution thing. I don't use iMovie so I don't know how to change it. Is it rendered? Would look like that if it isn't rendered.

yep, i tried that. the finished/exported/rendered quicktime file still has pixelation on the fade-ins and fade-outs, but not the rest of the time. any ideas? wrecking my head so it is.

Right this may seem like a bit of a waste of time but. How high is the resolution of the jpeg ? too high and Imovie has to compress it to work with it, too low and it's just falling apart as it's processed.

So why not try

try getting a full resolution still image from some footage which you can fade, then try fading that in and out, if it works make your jpeg as similar to that as you can to that still image,

if it still blurs and pixilates then you'll know for sure that you just can't do it with that software.

I may not be explaining this very well. I know how limited Imovie is so I'm just trying to think outside the box here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back