• Replies 18
  • Views 2K
  • Watchers 5

egg_

nerd/hippy
Supporter
Since 1999
Where dogs wear hats and birds fly backwards
Anyone have imaginary friends come to visit? We've a whole host. Her two favourites are:

Anio
... lives in a sign on the Slane-Navan road, used to be a baby but is now a man, was dead for a while because the Big Bad Wolf (or Bad Spiderman, in a conflicting account of events) killed him but now he's alive again

Sarah
... a bad monster who Isabelle is teaching to be good

She's fully aware they're imaginary, refers to them as "my pretend friends". Sometimes they get violent too - "DAD! DAD! Anio is hittin me!"

My sister says that my niece makes pretend telephone calls to me, her granny and her dad. Talks to us all for hours apparently. She also plays games with me and shows me stuff when I'm not there.

My sis had an imaginary friend called "Babe" (long before the pig)... we don't know much about Babe though.

All my friends are imaginary.

GORILLARIMSOURCEMUNCH II has an imaginary friend who wears lingerie and has his balls swinging out.

A kid in Letterkenny told me Ethel had died, his brother told me it was his imaginary friend.
She's ok though, right? : said I, or something similarily crap.
Of course, he says. He was maybe 6 years old, and knew EVERYTHING.

Movie_i_see_dead_people.jpg

Mr Cpr's sis had an imaginary friend when she was three or four who wore Victorian clothes and told her that she and all her family died in a house fire. she only appeared to her when she visited her aunts house which is pretty old. she told her her name too and it turns out that the people who lived in this house in sometime the 1800's had that surname!fucking freaky!

My 3 year old nephew has an imaginary dog called buster. Parents rang from abroad one night while he was staying with us, his dad was barely on the phone two mins when nephew says "daddy Buster wants to say hello" and promptly holds phone out into mid-air at approximately dog height. My poor brother-in-law was talking to air for a good five mins before we recovered from the laughing and rescued him

Chad's little sister has an imaginary friend called Sheena...she had to come live with them because her parents had died in a housefire :confused:
They played her Sheena is a punk rocker and she couldn't understand how they knew about Sheena and had written a song about her :D

My 3 year old nephew has an imaginary dog called buster. Parents rang from abroad one night while he was staying with us, his dad was barely on the phone two mins when nephew says "daddy Buster wants to say hello" and promptly holds phone out into mid-air at approximately dog height. My poor brother-in-law was talking to air for a good five mins before we recovered from the laughing and rescued him

Chad's little sister has an imaginary friend called Sheena...she had to come live with them because her parents had died in a housefire :confused:
They played her Sheena is a punk rocker and she couldn't understand how they knew about Sheena and had written a song about her :D

what is it with kids and housefires?

Mr Cpr's sis had an imaginary friend when she was three or four who wore Victorian clothes and told her that she and all her family died in a house fire. she only appeared to her when she visited her aunts house which is pretty old. she told her her name too and it turns out that the people who lived in this house in sometime the 1800's had that surname!fucking freaky!
holy shit. She must have seen a ghost, no?

I had two imaginary friends when I was young, one was called Sabina. I can't remember much about her though!

The whole kids & housefires thing is weird though...I was absolutely petrified of fire as a kid. It got worse as a teen when I'd spend hours in bed worrying that the house was on fire! :confused: It was awful.

noah occasionally says he's playing with his invisible friend 'trophy'.
It freaks me out sometimes in the 'i see dead people' way.

yesterday he was playing out in the garden while I was cooking and i thought he might be getting bored, so i shouted out, "hey why don't you take some of your cars out to have a race?"

"it's ok, i'm playing with trophy and c**t."

"what?!"

well, that's exactly what it sounded like, i asked him again but i couldn't hear it properly, apparently there was a whole gang of them...

holy shit. She must have seen a ghost, no?

I had two imaginary friends when I was young, one was called Sabina. I can't remember much about her though!

The whole kids & housefires thing is weird though...I was absolutely petrified of fire as a kid. It got worse as a teen when I'd spend hours in bed worrying that the house was on fire! :confused: It was awful.

I dunno, it's a really weird tale. When I was a kid I used to talk about my grandmother who died 4 months before I was born as if she was still around.My mother was terrified.

My baby sister had a (thankfully) short lived imaginary friend caled "Wank".

There was also, "Billy the Crab" who lived up on the ceiling of the sitting room. "He's up so high I can't REACH him!!!"

And there's "Icky" (her left hand) and "Baby" (her right hand).
Icky is bad and always has a scary voice. He sometimes breaks things and wants to go in her nappy.

Baby is good and has a high pitched voice.

I have a great video of her at her 3rd birthday party with her birthday cake. "I think Icky will blow out the candles." She makes her hand into the shape you would do a ducks quack with and points it at the cake trying to make her hand blow furiously.

She can be found having full 3 way conversations with Icky, Baby and herself, never losing the characters or confusing their voices along the way.

There was also, "Billy the Crab" who lived up on the ceiling of the sitting room. "He's up so high I can't REACH him!!!"

Icky is bad and always has a scary voice. He sometimes breaks things and wants to go in her nappy.

I have a great video of her at her 3rd birthday party with her birthday cake. "I think Icky will blow out the candles." She makes her hand into the shape you would do a ducks quack with and points it at the cake trying to make her hand blow furiously.

She can be found having full 3 way conversations with Icky, Baby and herself, never losing the characters or confusing their voices along the way.

:eek::p what a legend!
Thank god Wank didn't hang around long ;)

That's brilliant lol I love the things kids came up with. My nephew managed to construct a bus out of one of the kitchen cupboards today...I think the idea was the open doors represented the entrance on the bus cos he greeted a whole host of characters into the bus/cupboard...there was an old lady, a small boy and interestingly enough a monkey who featured quite prominently. Amused himself for well over an hour :)

what is it with kids and housefires?

It's scary and a little worrying! I think kids see far more than we do though, from the time he was a baby my nephew would babble away to a photo my sister has in their living room of our Dad who died when I was 13. He would kiss it completely unprompted and tell my sister he was talking to grandad. When he was very young he would often stare at a very fixed point in a room and smile and babytalk at that spot...it was very freaky...who knows though, maybe he did meet his grandad :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

M Stevens & The Ghasts + Vega Storm
Wexford Street
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back