I'm sick of gigs ending ridiculously early (1 Viewer)

Shit.He's cool.

Thats a gig I woulda liked to have gone to.

He shoulda played his whole set though.There was people there

Yeah, I was surprised to see such a low turnout. I know fuck all about him but I assumed he'd have a bit of a following. I don't know how he felt about it, but it I doubt it was an uplifting experience for him. Unfortunately I missed Purple Pilgrims as I got stuck at work.

I saw him in Whelans a few years back and I think it was a pretty full house. He's brilliant. I'm really bummed out by that, I should have gone.

He played for 15 minutes to an audience of 5 and then stopped.

was it that bad a turnout for Gary War? Was he pissed off?

Saw him in Hong Kong a few months back on the 11th floor of some industrial building and he seemed really pissed off, like he was about to have an emotional meltdown, at problems relating to his pedals and gear [and he seems easily agitated]. It seemed like it just wasn't coming out right for him and things were getting really tense, but he seemed to suppress it just enough not to kill everyone in the room. I was rooting for him, he battered on, but it wasn't enough ultimately. Emotions 2 Gary War 1. There was only about fifteen people there, but I honestly don't think that was the problem. It was a remote venue in a remote part of the city put on by a remote local ensemble - Dennis Wong, he's a one of the few good eggs in that hell-hole city.

But yeah in Dublin, he might expect a bigger audience.

Purple Pilgrims played before that night too. They were reasonably good, but they were more reasonably attractive, if I remember correctly.

I was at that Gary War gig a few years back in Whelan's. Thought he was underwhelming that night, but I'm a big fan of that Horribles Parade album, and it might be beyond him (or anyone) to do it justice live.

Yea ditching the gig because of low turnout is pathetic. To 1 of those people it might have been the highlight of the year.
Put it down to poor promotion. Fuck it, I blame facebook. They probably created an event and presumed that'd do the job. Well thats not really fbook's problem but you know what I mean.

In fairness to this Gary War lad - he was strumming and singing along to backing tracks and everything (backing track + live vocals and guitar) was buried under so many filtery effects that all detail was lost and it all sounded the same so there was no great point in playing a gig at all (I don't really get backing track gigs).

Saw him in Hong Kong a few months back on the 11th floor of some industrial building and he seemed really pissed off, like he was about to have an emotional meltdown, at problems relating to his pedals and gear [and he seems easily agitated]. It seemed like it just wasn't coming out right for him and things were getting really tense, but he seemed to suppress it just enough not to kill everyone in the room. I was rooting for him, he battered on, but it wasn't enough ultimately. Emotions 2 Gary War 1. There was only about fifteen people there, but I honestly don't think that was the problem. It was a remote venue in a remote part of the city put on by a remote local ensemble - Dennis Wong, he's a one of the few good eggs in that hell-hole city.

But yeah in Dublin, he might expect a bigger audience.

Purple Pilgrims played before that night too. They were reasonably good, but they were more reasonably attractive, if I remember correctly.

I was at that Gary War gig a few years back in Whelan's. Thought he was underwhelming that night, but I'm a big fan of that Horribles Parade album, and it might be beyond him (or anyone) to do it justice live.

Did he play with backing tracks at these gigs? I think Purple Pilgrims live in HK now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back