Iggy Pop and The Stooges-Dublin castle (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Ed
  • Start date
  • Replies 37
  • Views 6K
  • Watchers 3

Ed

june 6th, morrissey on the 5th, josh ritter on the 4th and the streets on the 7th

what?
dublin castle is a fucking TERRIBLE venue
the sound is so constrained by the walls and it sounds dreadful, AND you're not allowed to take a drink in with you, and it's always full of complete saps.
fuck that for a lark.

eh... am i missing something or is Iggy Pop the most clapped out, useless "rock star" in existence. And his skin's more leathery than Paul Hogan and Rod Stewart put together.

well youre right there the sounds shit
but i thought that was a given when youre outdoors
most of the time anywho

as for the pints thing that sucks
dont remmber that for beck when i saw him there
cracking show that one

wait - it's billed as "iggy pop and the stooges" - not "iggy and the stooges" ????
well there's my reason not to go right there!
fuck all that shit

andrew

thegoone said:
well youre right there the sounds shit
but i thought that was a given when youre outdoors
most of the time anywho

as for the pints thing that sucks
dont remmber that for beck when i saw him there
cracking show that one

generally when you're outdoors the nearer you are to the stage the better, the sound sort of bleeds away the futher back or to the sides you get. But the sound in DC reverbs off the walls on either side because the courtyard just isn't big enough for the stage, and it's really noticeable, and annoying.

M.BISON said:
wait - it's billed as "iggy pop and the stooges" - not "iggy and the stooges" ????
well there's my reason not to go right there!
fuck all that shit

andrew

how about just The Stooges... see how many faux cool people pick up on it

So who's actually IN the Stooges now? Is Mike Watt playing bass? Do they do just Stooges stuff or they do do Iggy solo stuff (please no). DC is such a crap place for a gig I don't think I could bring myself to go ......

i've never been to one of those DC gigs and am unlikely to start now. I'd be into seeing morressey but I've missed him live before and sure I'll miss him again.

hugh said:
So who's actually IN the Stooges now? Is Mike Watt playing bass? Do they do just Stooges stuff or they do do Iggy solo stuff (please no). DC is such a crap place for a gig I don't think I could bring myself to go ......
aren't like two of the stooges like, dead.

Iggy Pop and the $tooges....

spectraljanitor said:
aren't like two of the stooges like, dead.

Iggy Pop and the $tooges....
Dunno .... I think Ron and Scott (?) Asheton are still kicking .. they did some sort of reunion thing before with Iggy and Mike Watt playing bass. Dunno who the 4th Stooge was/is .......

And yeah its obviously a cash-in though Ig hardly needs the money but probably the others do. I predicted this years ago by the way. Its the last great classic rock band reunion and like all others bound to be rubbish ...

if it's iggy + 2 ashetons, that's 3/4 of the original line up
bass guy got dropped after funhouse + ron moved to bass and some other dude took over on guitar - i'm bad with names, but it went something like that.
either way - we're hardly talking a sell out 'reunion' of scott gorham proportions.

annnyway - still not going.
andrew

i know more about the stooges than all of you put together. and i know more about the accoustics of dublin castle and how the original stooges line-up would sound there than all of you.

This whole Stooges re-union thing is hardly news.
Didn' they play shows last year in the U.S.Gay?
Anyway, to all those sayin' you aint goin' I say *Fuck* that yo.
Stooges is the Stooges is the business.
Dave Alexander was the one time bassist as yet unmentioned above.

was it the stooges with iggy at those americna gigs though?
if their average age works out to be under 55, i might re-consider...doubtful!
never been to anything in dublin castle.

andrew

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back