If you plug a 9v dc power supply into a 9v ac mixer is that very bad? (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 21
  • Views 8K
  • Watchers 1

GO

Now Is Go
Supporter
Solutions
Cos I just did.

The light came on for a second...

So it wont be fully borked!!!!

YESSSS!!!!!!

Imma getting a lend of a 9vAC in the morning...FINGERS FUCKING CROSSED!!!!!

Yeah shouldn't do any damage, the other way round is must more serious. However most things have built in protection for these types of mistakes.

Give me a shout if there's any problems.

well I tried a 9vAC 200mA supply today but no joy...the mixer is rated 1.5A though so that prolly why nothing happened I reckon...gonna have to sus a go of a proper psu before I fuck it in the bin...

Does anyone have a 9vAC 1.5 A psu?

Whatever you do don't fuck it in the bin, but yeah you're gonna need a bigger psu.

They have them in Maplins I think..€25 odd is a big investment if the thing ist kaput.

Bring in into an electronics shop and ask if you can try a few to see if it works. One of those adapters that switch between AC and DC and between a load of voltages is always worth having anyway if you use a lot of guitar pedals and the like.

well I tried a 9vAC 200mA supply today but no joy...the mixer is rated 1.5A though so that prolly why nothing happened I reckon...gonna have to sus a go of a proper psu before I fuck it in the bin...

Does anyone have a 9vAC 1.5 A psu?

i have a maplins one that is 9v AC - moose it says this on the back, maybe you can translate:

500ma 7.5 VA (max).

if thats suitable you can borrow it to test.

i have a maplins one that is 9v AC - moose it says this on the back, maybe you can translate:

500ma 7.5 VA (max).

if thats suitable you can borrow it to test.

That's 500milliAmps and Gary needs 1.5Amps. I have as 12V 1A but probably not a good idea to try it with that.

Bring in into an electronics shop and ask if you can try a few to see if it works. One of those adapters that switch between AC and DC and between a load of voltages is always worth having anyway if you use a lot of guitar pedals and the like.

Good idea..worth a shot

What sort of mixer is it?

Its a numark m1usb.its only a oner off Thoman but I've no money for a new one,nor am I going to have for the foreseeable.But it does the job admirably.

I'm pretty sure the one I lost that came with it was only .5amp,but it does say 1.5 on the yoke itself...cunting AC.....I mean..whats the fucking point?Everything is in DC.

Q.If you plug a 9v dc power supply into a 9v ac mixer is that very bad?
A.NOT AT ALL!!!!!

A pal of mine brought the power supply offa his Numark mixer to the gig tonight just so I could test it...WORKED A FUCKING TREAT!!!!

So,to all you Googlers who find this as the second item in your search..the answer is a comprehensive...NO...YER GRAND!

YOW!!!!!

jazes nice find....

Q.will using that fuck up my mixer?

It only needs 1.5amp

Nope the mixer will only draw as much current as it needs. Wish I had of seen these last week, didn't know there was a Farnell in Ireland.

Yep as moose says,
you're actually the better off with a higher current rating than needed as theres less stress on the transformer to supply the juice.

They have cables for dirt cheap on there too, i plan on ordering loads of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back