If you could change/improve any aspect of Irish society what would it be? (1 Viewer)

I'm gonna go with implementing universal, state-subsidised (and regulated) childcare.

Cos it's long overdue.

.....some 'parental leave' would be nice, as opposed to just 'maternity leave', which makes the assumption that the mother will be the primary care-giver for the first few months of the child's life.

.....some 'parental leave' would be nice, as opposed to just 'maternity leave', which makes the assumption that the mother will be the primary care-giver for the first few months of the child's life.
I get 4 months parental leave in the job I have in NYC.
In Norway both parents are obliged to take parental leave upon having a child.

If could change something... I suppose it would be regulation and legalisation of prostitution. Setting up safe brothels and places that would look after them.
Also... probably legalize cannabis. Take the money away from the high up scumbag crim types running the industry, and set up quality controls etc.

Yeah. That sort of thing.
It just seems pointless to make a law that loads of people break against something that is not really hurting other people.

I mean, smoking weed is bad for you, fair enough. But people know this, and chose to do it. Same with prostitution, I suppose it can be soul destroying to do it, or it may not be. But, if people chose to do it, then the government should protect them rather than force them into an even worse situation.

But, if people chose to do it, then the government should protect them rather than force them into an even worse situation.

I think the Swedish government's take on it is isn't so much about the fact that people do it anyway, so it may as well be legal, so much as your later point about putting people they regard as victims into a worse situation.

I'm all for criminalising soliciting though. Pricks.

Legalise all drugs*
Let people choose if they want to use seatbelts.
Government to sort out the high prices in Dublin.

*I am a non drug user btw, drug related crime runs at over 75% I believe if not higher.

Legalise all drugs*
Let people choose if they want to use seatbelts.
Government to sort out the high prices in Dublin.

*I am a non drug user btw, drug related crime runs at over 75% I believe if not higher.

*Neither am I. But its bollocks to make some of them illegal.
Seatbelts... nah. That law is grand. People without seatbelts turn into weapons in accidents. Fuck that.
Not wearing seatbelts can hurt others, and is pointless. Its like I agree with bikers having to wear lids. There is just no point in not wearing one.

Govt sorting out prices in Dublin... I dunno. What can they do? It's a fucking joke though. I am living in NYC and i cant afford to go home at the moment.

Flashback on the drug thing....alot of people take drugs cos it's glamrous and illegal, they wouldn't bother their arse if they were legal.......
Why should we make drug barons richer too...
people are gonna take drugs they will if their illegal or not....
Making drugs illegal is a failed policy.

Flashback on the drug thing....alot of people take drugs cos it's glamrous and illegal, they wouldn't bother their arse if they were legal.......
Why should we make drug barons richer too...
people are gonna take drugs they will if their illegal or not....
Making drugs illegal is a failed policy.

Yeah... that's what I mean Janer.
Just picking one or two soft drugs to be legal, (Alcohol and Nicotine) is silly. Legalize the lot to... and take drug trafficking away from from those top lads.

Hard stuff, heroin, crack, crystal meth gets you in a bad state. Not sure what to do with them. Maybe register junkies, give out free gear to them, and put them on programs some class of a parole system until they can clean up. The only way you are going to get a junkie of that stuff though is for them to chose it.

Cut the hands off anyone caught 'tagging'. Cut the balls off anyone not obeying the rules of the road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back