Idiots got spiked (1 Viewer)

Sucks to be them, and it's not really fair to laugh even if they are gigstupiders, but in fairness, they shouldn't have said they were going to play gigs. I'm a weenie when it comes to lying to authority, but even i'd be all "nah, just headed over to meet some friends, brought the guitar for a bit of a sing song". Makes sense like.

jenko said:
A quick search on all posts by either magicman or steptoe reveals that your sole objective on Thumped is to slag GigSmart or anything to do with it. You post about nothing else.

What did they do to upset you so much?

they stole my shoes.

what does it matter anyway, fact is whoever organised that trip shud be shot in the face for idiocy. hope they get there in the end but can't help a giggle:D

therecklessone said:
We live in a society of laws. Why do you think I took you to all those Police Academy movies? For fun? Well I didn't hear anybody laughing, did you?

This isn't Vietnam we have rules here..

I've walked through immigration with a guitar on my back several times and not been interrogated for several hours - so I dont see the problem with bringing them.

the reason they didnt get through was down to not lying. the reason they were honest about the 2 gigs in the US was because the US embassy told them they did not need a visa for playing two non paying gigs. also, they would have required something like 7 months of a wait to get the performance visas for the US - which they didnt have. so, they decided to be honest. if they had not told the immigration officers they were playing in the US at all, they would have passed through.

I don't think it's remotely funny that they lost about 5 grand, especially considering that they worked for every penny of it. what is in fact ridiculous is the paranoid draconian policies of US immigration.

but yeah, mike got spiked are fags

shit even the economist is covering this

ekonomist.jpg

jenko said:
Fucks sake lads, the poor fuckers are after loosing a shed load of money over this. They're giving it a go. Really like. Not just sitting behind a computer slagging people badly. Hope it doesn't happen to you.

ha ha! fuckin' eejits! hope they end up in guantanamo bay, made listen to their own shite all day.

therecklessone said:
Pete, can we ban talk about Gigsmart? Its encouraging laziness on the part of some of our funnier contributors, and invites Gigsmart malcontents to vent their spleen on why its so unfair.
i vote yes

Serious Measures will be taken, if necessary

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back