I wouldn't recommend.... (1 Viewer)

Jerry Twig

Supporter
Solutions
...going through the links of all the bands on Wikipedia that played Self Aid in '86 (a great day for Ireland). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self_Aid

Although I can summarise some interesting tit-bits for your perusal:

"Chris de Burgh was born in Buenos Aires, Argentina to Charles Davison, a British diplomat, and Maeve Emily de Burgh, an Irish secretary. His father's career moved the family to numerous places around the globe such as Malta, Nigeria, and Zaire. At the age of twelve, the family returned home to live in Tomhaggard in County Wexford, Ireland, where his father bought the twelfth century Bargy Castle and converted it into a hotel."

Blue in Heaven records were produced by Martin Hannett and the Edge, and... Cactus World News have a bloody website
http://www.cactusworldnews.com/

oh, and poor Brush Shiels has no wikipedia page.

There you go.

A lad dumped a few of their records on me years ago. I'll give them a spin when I'm next home.

Light A Big Fire have a page too

galway_nov86_3.jpg

Good times indeed

and 100% gash. brush shields would still be at it, that would be the only good thing.

actually, i guess theres quite a lot of mainstream popular bands in ireland right now. so reduce that percentage somewhat. im still living in 2001.

Possibly this might be the best place to get an updated version of Self-Aid started? How about Self-Harm? or maybe Self-Love? Imagine 30,000 culchies gathered together in a field to witness that...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back