I was caking me bags (1 Viewer)

Originally posted by Goff
And Pete thinks the Blair Witch project is scary too. I HATED it. I just didn't see the point. Plus the fact that Pete's dvd has a crappy border on it (maybe they all do?) to give some sort of amateur feel to it, didn't help. Wasn't like that in the cinema by all accounts.

Dunno - i thought it had its moments - the last couple of minutes are good, like.

Oh and it was shot in 4:3 so that's why it has the border.

I saw ring for the first time and it scared the bejaysus outta me.

That's the last time I stand on a mirror.

Ho ho but seriously I thought it was really good - the bit with the crawlin out of the telly and the fucked up fingers and eyes etc, and earlier on in the film when it cuts to the young girl dead in the closet looking hideous - first time i've watched a movie that scared me in ages.

...texas chainsaw massacre - didnt really scare me but the bit where they're trying to get the decrepid old granda to kill the mot is messed up.

!bog how can anyone not click on the bog?

- Fintan

Originally posted by pete

Oh and it was shot in 4:3 so that's why it has the border.

Nah. it would have stretched if it was set up properly.

Just a crap attempt to make it something it wasn't.

Still, your opinion is as valid as mine, i suppose. Just your taste in movies is up yer arse.

BTW, I might have an extra ticket for Star Wars if you're interested. For 8 on the Friday. I'm sure yor mot won't mind.

Originally posted by Goff

Nah. it would have stretched if it was set up properly.

Just a crap attempt to make it something it wasn't.

It's got the border to maintain the 4:3 ratio as far as I recall.

The end of the Wicker Man is disturbing..... there is another film I was reading about where at the end the guy gets buried alive... and the camera shows him in his coffin and uses his last breaths trying to scream out who he is....

And then there was that film "Sado".... that was plain fucked-up....

Worst music video is, without a shadow of doubt, "happiness in slavery" by Nine Inch Nails..... fuck me....

Billy,
I think the movie where the guy is buried alive is 'The Vanishing'. Without being too film-geeky about it, it is the original Dutch version not the crap Hollywood remake with Kiefer Sutherland where everything works out fine in the end. Hard to believe the original and the remake were made by the same guy.

Originally posted by Trisky
Billy,
I think the movie where the guy is buried alive is 'The Vanishing'. Without being too film-geeky about it, it is the original Dutch version not the crap Hollywood remake with Kiefer Sutherland where everything works out fine in the end. Hard to believe the original and the remake were made by the same guy.
I don't know if it was the Vanishing... it might have been. Oh wait... this is not Billy

...anyway...when I think of sleeping in a tent and hearing childeren laughing backwards in the forest outside I get the willies...

Did anyone ever see a movie called The ninth configuration? I've been hunting for it for years.

It's not scarey. More of a well written drama. Stacey Keitch plays a psychologist...

The Exorcist 3 is also pretty poo making. Alien isn't bad either, Nosferatu with Klauss Kinski is also a bit icky

Glad to here other people saw the Woman in Black and fudged
their jockies as well, I'm sick of having to explain to people who haven't seen it how fucking scary it was.

Anyone going to the protest ouside Pearse St. cop shop later?

I'm glad to hear other people found Ring genuinely frightening - my boyfriend thinks I'm a wuss. But I did see it in the cinema which always multiplies scariness. Mind you, one of the reasons Ring scared the shite out of me was that I used to have a recurring dream when I was a kid featiring a woman very like Sadako... She is now my all-time favourite horror-film monster/villain - I can do a deadly impression of her fucked-up walk. I even scare myself.

They're making a Hollywood remake of it which is bound to be shite.

ha! I'd love to see that walk Lolo....I imagine it looks a bit like slowed down boddy-popping.

I have never typed "boddy popping" before. I like it.

Originally posted by rumpus
[B

Did anyone ever see a movie called The ninth configuration? I've been hunting for it for years.

It's not scarey. More of a well written drama. Stacey Keitch plays a psychologist... [/B]

Yeah, I saw it. It's written by william peter blatty who also directed it, methinks. It's from his book, "Twinkle, Twinkle, Killer Kane". A great movie and a pretty decent book. Actually, it's quite spiritual, if I recall correctly. And damned funny to boot. It's set in a mental institution for mad soldiers. They have a game of the Great Escape, with the inmates being the allied prisoners digging a tunnel to escape and the warders being the goons. Gas.

I have the book if ye want a lend. I can give it to pete if you want.

BUT I WANT IT BACK!

Goff

Originally posted by Lolo
I'm glad to hear other people found Ring genuinely frightening - my boyfriend thinks I'm a wuss. But I did see it in the cinema which always multiplies scariness. Mind you, one of the reasons Ring scared the shite out of me was that I used to have a recurring dream when I was a kid featiring a woman very like Sadako... She is now my all-time favourite horror-film monster/villain - I can do a deadly impression of her fucked-up walk. I even scare myself.

They're making a Hollywood remake of it which is bound to be shite.

that bit when the video kept playing and she came out of the tv... jesus.. freaky.. and the bit when she opens the closet...

but how did the kids in the car die? did they have a tv in the car? i thought they had to be near a tv? hmmmnnn...

sadako: one crazy bad bitch. with a super mind and wonky eyes.
like carol vorderman.

Originally posted by lorcanzo

but how did the kids in the car die? did they have a tv in the car? i thought they had to be near a tv? hmmmnnn...

I thought about that and came to the conclusion that either it's Japan, gadgets are plentiful, so they did have a wee little portable TV in the car. Or she followed them to the car. Or something.

Treelo yer on...really scary movies....monster munch...anacede gobstoppers (great for fake blood).....noe just to pick the 15 movies to watch.

And Goff, I'd love that book for lendies!....will you be at the Giant Sand or Lambchop gig?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back