I want to play for Real Madrid (1 Viewer)

RED(tape)MENACE

Since 2000
Website
www.myspace.com
roflcopter.gif

Football exclusive: Cristiano Ronaldo declares for Real Madrid

'I want to play for Real Madrid, but only if it is true they are eager to pay me and Manchester United what they have been saying they will'
RonaldoPADaveThompson1.jpg

The Champions League final could have been Ronaldo's last game for Manchester United. Photograph: Dave Thompson/PA

Manchester United must face the real possibility that Cristiano Ronaldo has played his final match for the club after the Portuguese winger publicly declared his intention to join Real Madrid at the end of the European Championship.
Speaking from Portugal's training camp in the Swiss city of Neuchatel on Wednesday, Ronaldo made a keenly awaited statement on his future. The 23-year-old stated that he wanted to leave Old Trafford to sign for the Spanish champions if they made good on their promises of world record transfer fees and wages. Spanish media reports have placed the value of a Madrid offer to United at €100m and the player's salary at £15m a year.
"I want to play for Real Madrid, but only if it is true they are eager to pay me and Manchester United what they have been saying they will," said Ronaldo in an interview with the respected Brazilian website Terra. "However, it does not depend on me."
The issue of Ronaldo's future has been the dominant feature of Portugal's European Championship training camp, overshadowing the team's preparations and seeing questions raised about the player's state of mind. Hoping to prevent inquests at national team press conferences and post-match mixed zones, Ronaldo insisted that he would not speak about his choice of club again during the tournament.
"It is important to send a message," he said. "From now on I will not talk again about this until the end of the Euros. It is not worth asking me because I will not reply."
United have repeatedly stated that they will not allow Ronaldo to move this summer, but the club may now have to improve the five-year contract they agreed with the forward in April 2007. Given the scale of Madrid's offer, the player can expect to comfortably exceed the net €10m that Michael Ballack receives from Chelsea each year.

well everyone knows he's wanted to step-over to spain for a while...

anagram time: Dishonor, a clan riot.

Ryan Giggs or Paul Scholes this man is not.

Dishonour has a U in it, you might want to retry that anagram.

Not surprising. I wouldn't expect any continental Europeans to have any motivation other than financial to play for an English club.

how long til he stops being the "best player in the world"tm?

It's a good move for everyone. Ronaldo will have enough money to buy sexual favours until the day he dies while Ruud van Nistelrooy will be able to tell him to run away and cry to his dad in training. Happy days.

Dishonour has a U in it, you might want to retry that anagram.

Yeah I know, I did it online. It's still apt whichever way you spell it.

Not surprising. I wouldn't expect any continental Europeans to have any motivation other than financial to play for an English club.

How about this?

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson says the club would rather put Cristiano Ronaldo in the stands than sell him to Real Madrid.
United have threatened to report Real to FIFA over their publicly declared interest in signing Ronaldo.
Ferguson has met the Glazer family, who own the club, and said: "Their attitude is 'To hell with them'.
"They'd sit a player in the stand, I'm telling you, absolutely no doubt about it, just to prove a point."

And please don't compare Ronaldo's character with that of other continental europeans in the Premiership. There are plenty of players who know what it means to be part of a team and a club.

He's said nothing out of the way so far, when he starts throwing a hissy fit like Heinze last year then I'll start disparaging him.

I wouldn't take too much notice of what Ferguson says either, he's no stranger to tapping players up himself.

I say sell him, 100 million is a mental amount of money and there was talking of getting Robiniho and some other lad too.

He obviously wants to go and (I think) in a year or so he can buy out his own contract so we'll never get another offer like that amount again.

One player does not make the team we've lost star players before and gone onto better things.

The main reason I can see the Glazers not selling him is thta I'd say his image makes them fucking millions.

Don't United expect a little more from their players?
Didn't Ferguson talk just this year about "what's expected of Manchester United players"?
Didn't Scholes show that by going over and shaking the Chelsea players hands after the shoot-out?
The only reason they even have for entertaining this little shit now is to drive the price as high as possible.
Get. To. Fuck.

I'm loving every minute of this though.

Ronaldo's press conference was a little eccentric.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back